Funny "Cop" Stories...

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Post your favorite cop story. I'll give 2 quick examples. The first was when I lived in Florida (like 10 years ago). I took the car out, of all places, to go bass fishing. I had run way later that I had promised my wife. So to make it up to her I ran to the local florist and picked up a dozen roses. So I'm rushing home (at about 120 mph) with my fishing rod, net, tackle box and a dozen roses (must have been a sight) when I bomb past a speed trap. The cop pulls me over and is pretty pissed. So I did the male version of a girl who crys when she gets pulled over... I started in with the good ole' boy fishin' act and how I'd spent way too long waitin' on a bite and to make it up to my wife.. blah, blah, blah.... He let me off with a "slow it down" and a recomendation on a better fishing spot! :D

The other one is not so involved but I was at a stop light with about a mile of free, clear and straight road in front of me. No need to tell you what I was planning. Just before the light turned green a Maryland State Trooper pulls up next to me and rolls down his window. He then proceeds to ask me if I want to race him. So I, jokingly, said I'd love to but would he give me a ticket. He said "no"........ as long as I did not win. I thought that was pretty funny. I give him credit for being a cool guy with a good sense of humor.

Post your stories. This could be a fun thread.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a CHP follow me while I was doing a stand up wheelie down the freeway, he was behind me at about 80mph for a mile or so. Lights on and all, came along side me and I said ooh s#@%. I didnt know he was behind me. So after pulling over and trying to make a excuse about it being a new bike and too powerful etc etc, he tells me he has to give me a ticket. Says his camera is on and its filming for epsiodes of Cops. I almost had a heart attack. Then he starts lauging and says he is just kidding. He will let me go,since I pulled over and didnt try to run like most bikes do. I was still shaking when I was putting my helmet on to leave,what a break he gave me.

Another time I chirped gears going down the road and as pas by a parking lot, I notice about 5 cops in parking lot for a accident investigation. One zips out and pulls me over. I tell him I just installed a new shifter. One of his buddies comes up and he asks him if I should get a ticket. Then he just skips the whole ticket part and starts bragging about his old Camaro that burns ruber through 4th gear. He continues to talk for about what seemed like a 1/2 an hour. I would rather have got a ticket and left. But he ended up letting me go.

Oh and then there was the time I got pulled over and so did my buddy for doin 140+ and we got arrested,cars impounded and went to jail.......... Wait, nevermind, that wasnt such a funny story after all. I guess KArma had caught up with me.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a 'sneak attack' from a state trooper when we were 'cruising' at 95mph (in 65mph zone)...pulled us over, took the license and registration...went back to his vehicle, came back and handed over a folded over ticket--said "read it"...Mike opens it up and it says 'failure to put 4-ways on shoulder of road'!!!! NO speeding ticket--guy was GREAT....THEN there was the sheriff's deputy who had a rookie with him, when our LOUD exhaust opened up at a yellow-turning red light (okay--WE opened up at that point!)...pulled us over, and had to 'look good' for the rookie who was outside the passenger side giving ME the THUMBS-UP where the stern trooper couldn't see him! But, DID get a ticket that day for running red light....another time a state trooper pulled in behind us when we hit a fish place for dinner...he just wanted to see the car. Enjoyed the other stories, hope more will post theirs!! ~juli~

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last ticket ..... Ive had a few ..... I was driving a round town on a friday night . It starts getting dark out and usually I go home once it starts to get dark out. Because its hard to spot cops in the dark .
A honda cbr 929 pulls up beside me gives the thumbs up to say nice car. I pin it pull a lengths a head of him and he struggles to catch up . We drive through a few green lights tell we come to a Red . We talk he tells me how he is amazed by the pull the car has . He didn't expect it to pull so hard that he was struggling to catch me when I floored it .
So he says lets try it again on green. ( Which I know he will beat me or should but what the heck)
We launch and someone pulls out in front of him so we really don't get much of a start . So we proceed ahead a few lights tell we can get side by side on a Red again. So I get ready , launch at 3500 RPM when green hits . Tires spin smoke rolls car goes a little side ways, not too much .I hook up and easily beat him . I'm thinking that was way to easy !!!!Then I see the Red and Blue .:nono:
It was dark out and the lights from the cars behind me . I didn't notice a cop had pulled up behind me . He was nice about it ..... as nice as he could be I guess considering he still gave me a stunting ticket .
The cop said he appreciated the fact that I didn't take off but if I was gonna do burnouts to go out of town and fool around . And that thier was no way he couldn't give me a ticket when I did a burnout infront of him . I just told him it wasn't on purpose just a high horse power car , it happens sometimes :dunno:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Bike story I have a few of them . The time I was driving through the city standing on my seat . A cop comes up behind a buddy and I as we coming up to some congested lights . So he throws on his lights and we split the traffic and take off , and get away.
A few hours later we stop to get something to eat and come out and who is there .The officer that threw his lights on . Says he can give the registered owner a ticket cause he got our licence plate but it won't be any points . But he just says that we will kill ourselves if we keep up with the stunting . Needless to say he doesn't give us any tickets and says just be careful.
So a week later I get cut off in traffic have to slam on the brakes where there a bunch of grave on the road . I lay the bike over nothing serious but thier is an ambulance behind me at the time that this happens . So they put thier lights on and stop to see if I'm okay . I had a few small cuts nothing serious . They tell me they have to fill out an incident report and have a police come . Guess who was the officer that came . This time he's not so nice and gives me a careless driving ticket .:curse:

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Several years back I was riding one of my jet ski'is on a lake in West Palm showing off to my family who were visiting from out of state. I had learned to do many 'tricks' and was in the middle of showing them how I could do a a forward facing head stand on my seat with legs fully extended up. After I went by them, I exited the headstand, turned around and here comes the Fuzz on their patrol boat, lights and siren wailing. I thought 'oh boy, here we go'. As the patrol boat approached me, I noticed it was a female officer. She tells me to pull it over to the shore, so I do. She asked me just what was I thinking, and more to the point, exactly how did I learn to do this stupid stunt?

I had to think quick........................................so I told her I was a proffessional rider and I was practicing my freestyle routine for an upcoming competition. I even told her that she had probably had even seen me on ESPN!

None of this being true at all, she bought the story; hook, line, and sinker! She let me off with a warning and told me to go practice somewhere else another day.
The best part about it was this whole fiasco took place right in front of my parents and family, and they heard the whole conversation between me and the officer. As she left we were all laughing so hard, we were crying.

OP
OP
J

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Blue Pilot......... that's funny you were in west palm! the story i started with.... the one about the "fishing incident" was in West Palm (well, technically Palm Beach Gardens). I was heading west on Northlake. I was about a mile west of 95. I was heading to Ibis where I use to live. Where are you in WPB? Have you been there long & have you always had a Viper while you lived there? We may have met before (?) that would be a trip.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeremy, I lived in Lake Worth just south of Forest Hill Blvd. since 1991. Last August I moved to Ohio as I couldn't take living down there anymore (traffic, crime, not a good place to raise kids, etc., etc.) . In the past five years, S. Florida sure has changed for the worse.

This 'incident' that I described took place on Lake Osbourne.

I have had my Viper for 4+ years now, corvettes before that, and spent lots of time at Moroso, so maybe we have met! A good friend of mine lives just south of Northlake on Ibis way, on the yerman river (I think that is how it is spelled).
Northlake Blvd. and the Beeline are still known for its speedtraps, and at 120 mph, you were very lucky to get away with it!

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok here we go....back in time about 100 years ago when I thought I had the baddest big block 68 camaro in town. I bought it new with 396/375hp and after about a year I changed to L88 big block and had just installed a "band" in wheels making them super wide and as we used to gather in crowds late at night I was trying to impress my friends by "trying" to pull the front wheels off the ground. Also had headers that were uncapped and it rocked the neighborhood. Anyway I wasn't aware there was a Full grown State Trooper changing his tire a block away and here I was in the middle of the highway trying to break in the new slicks I bought. As it turns out I never did get the wheels off the ground and the tires were starting to rub the fender so I turned off the 1st block and returned to the lot where we all hung out not realizeing the tropper was around. Soooo to make a long story longer the Trooper came blasting in the parking lot 'asking" where the driver was for my camaro and after realizeing he didn't know I told him the driver had left. Turns out he confiscated my car and after getting home I called a friend of my parents who was an attorney and he asked if I got a ticket. I told him no and that the State Trooper said as soon as I came up with a driver he would release the car. The attorney said as long as he didn't write a ticket he could not hold car and he called and had it released. The Trooper was there when I picked up the car and dared me to talk back to him or he would take me to jail. Needless to say I kept my mouth shut as he was fumeing and I sure didn't want to go to jail.
I got my car back and have since grown up....."I think".:drive:

Last edited:

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years ago coming home on my CBR, I was at a stoplight about a mile from my house. So I decided it would be fun to bang through the gears for the rest of the ride home when the light turned green. One problem though, there was a cop behind me at the light that I didn't see.:omg: After the 1 mile pull, I pulled into my driveway, shut off the bike, take off my helmet, start to take off my gloves, when a cop pulls up to my house.:dunno:

The first words out of his mouth were "I couldn't even keep up with you!!!! Didn't you see me?!?!?" Before I could answer, he got an emergency call and had to respond. I almost passed out!:D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4