GA VCA - Updated events including Dyno Day this Sat!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upcoming activities are as follows:

This Weekend - DYNO DAY and BBQ - Sat Feb 26th - Monthly meeting included!

Between 9a and 3p on Sat, the GA VCA will take over Dynolab (www.dynolab.net) located at 1535 Rosewood Circle in Marietta, GA. Show up anytime you like to get your car dyno tested. The GA VCA is picking up the entire tab. Directions are located at http://www.dynolab.net/map.shtml . No appointment necessary! And if you have a non-viper that you want tested (even perhaps ONE corvette... but only if you have a paxton on your SRT), bring it down and we'll work it in.

Food will be served all day, but the monthly meeting will kick off around 11:30. If you don't feel like dyno tuning your car, that is OK! Feel free to come on out anyway!

We will also have representatives on hand from www.concours-exteriors.com to show off the type of work they can do detailing vipers. If we like these folks, we may use them as our provider for the SE Zone Rendezvous.

Alternative to the Dyno Day - Sat Feb 26th

If you don't feel like coming to the dyno day, Pete Mansolillo [former GA VCA prez] will be out racing at Road Atlanta in car #58. Come out and show him your support!

Monthly Meeting - Monday March 21 - location TBD

For those of you who miss the Monday dinners, we'll have one Monday March 21 with the location TBD. More info to come on this!

AUTOX with the Porsche Club of America - Sunday April 24th

If you've never tried AutoX (that's autocross for the newbies), this is the time and place to do it. The Porsche Club has 4 AutoX events that they are willing to let the GA VCA piggyback and participate in. The date for the 1st joint event is April 24th with the location being the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds. If you've never done AutoX before, there will be an AutoX school that runs from 8a until about 11a. All others arrive at 11:30a with the first cars going off at 1p. AutoX is one of my personal favorite events to do because you can't hurt the car (maybe burn up some tires if you lock up a non-ABS car) but it is completely safe. You DO need a helmet, so if you don't have one but want to a) buy one or b) borrow one, I may be able to arrange for this.

Location is 85 north to Hwy. 316 north, exit Sugarloaf Pkwy., go right, proceed about 5 miles to the Fairgrounds on the left.

Walter Mitty Challenge - Sat April 30th thtough Sunday May 1st - Road Atlanta

See attached WORD document for details or check out http://www.classicmotorsports.net/mitty.php .

Road Course Event - Roebling Road - Sat May 28th and Sunday 29th

In conjuntion with Chin Motorsports (www.chinmotorsports.com), we've got a date for a road course event for both novice and experienced drivers. The location is Roebling Road on the weekend of 5/28 and 5/29 of this year. Track info is located at http://www.roeblingroad.com/ . Hotel is ~$50 / night down there. This event is a TWO DAY event but if you only wanted to stay one day, that is OK too. Novice Drivers Welcome! If you've never done a road course, this a great chance to get out and learn to drive in a safe environment with an instructor provided if you are new! Cost for the event will be based on how many GA VCA members want to attend... expect the TWO day cost to land between $275 and $375. I will finalize the cost based on # of people that want to participate. Please RSVP to me that you are interested sometime this month so that I can get preliminary numbers together. An RSVP of YES right now does NOT put you on the hook for any $$ right now. I'm just trying to gauge interest.

And for those who have never raced before, all you need is your car and your helmet. We'll take care of the rest. :)

PLEASE RSVP TO ME ON THIS IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND. I NEED TO LOCK IN THE RATES IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS!

Zone Rendevouz - July 29th and 30th. The schedule is set. The location: Chateau Elan and Road Atlanta. The event is not to be missed.

There WILL be drag racing on the 29th in the evening up at the Atlanta Dragway with our own staging lane so that we'll be able to get as many runs in as we like. For those of you not interesting in racing there will be a coctail reception in the evening on the 29th with location TBD.

Sat will be several driving events in both your vehicle and in the Dodge-Provided SRT-10 and SRT-4.

-------------------------------

That wraps it up for now. Please remember to RSVP to me for the road course! If you are a "maybe" for just let me know. I'm trying to get preliminary counts for to finalize pricing...

Thanks!

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me or call me at 770-630-1760.

Joseph