Gauges and Gauge Pods

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys,

I want to get a Boost / Air Fuel Ratio combo gauge and want to mount it in a convenient, unobtrusive location. But I havent really found any good gauges or gauge pods. Please post pics of yours and list the make / model of your gauge and gauge pods.

Thanks in advance.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is on a TT Mamba...

These are what I am using on my TT SS...
-The top gauge is an AEM serial gauge. It works in conjunction with an AEM ECU. It monitors 17 different functions. You preset the HI/LO parameters and if one of those functions gets in the "danger zone" alrms and lights go off. You can leave any one of the seventeen functions on your "home screen". I keep my AFR as mine.

-I replaced the rest of the OEM gauges with Autometer gauges. Autometer makes gauge "faces" that are very similar in appearance to the OEM gauges.
I exchanged for gauges that were more essential to monitoring my TT engine.

-I replaced the "passenger air bag" light with a Raptor shift light.

(Sorry for crappy photos...)

Last edited:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse sells a pod that mounts to the top of your steering wheel. I would definitely use the PLX OBD 100 multi gauge. PLX Devices Inc - USA. It can be purchased with wide band O2s and boost/vacuum. It also can hook up to the OBD II connector and display anything from the data stream. This includes Air Intake Temp which is important for boosted applications. In addition you can set alarms. For example in my case I have set an alarm that if boost is > 2.0 and A/F is > than 12.0:1 it flashes and alerts me. This is but one example of an alarm. It also does multiple types of displays including sweep gauges, digital readout, up to 4 readings at a time, and graphs. What else do you need I ask? This thing does it all.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse sells a pod that mounts to the top of your steering wheel. I would definitely use the PLX OBD 100 multi gauge. PLX Devices Inc - USA. It can be purchased with wide band O2s and boost/vacuum. It also can hook up to the OBD II connector and display anything from the data stream. This includes Air Intake Temp which is important for boosted applications. In addition you can set alarms. For example in my case I have set an alarm that if boost is > 2.0 and A/F is > than 12.0:1 it flashes and alerts me. This is but one example of an alarm. It also does multiple types of displays including sweep gauges, digital readout, up to 4 readings at a time, and graphs. What else do you need I ask? This thing does it all.

FWIW IMO....this is a good system if you are still using your OBD2 system...

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW IMO....this is a good system if you are still using your OBD2 system...

If you aren't using the OBD II because of some other type of engine controller, PLX makes a non-OBD II gauge that can still support multiple wideband O2s, boost, vacuum, intake air temp (via a separate sensor), and other stuff.

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have something in the works that will be made of real carbon fiber and will be on the pillar out of the way of the steering wheel so you dont bang your hands on it when turning.

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
treesnake, how did you mount those gauges that replaced the vents?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
treesnake, how did you mount those gauges that replaced the vents?

It's a "bracket" that was cut with a waterjet.
Justin, at JMB Performance, made it.

He also did the gauge swap for my TT SS...

...As well as just about everything for my cars...:D

Here's the link...

JMB Performance & Powdercoat, LLC

FWIW... You might recognize some of the parts that are made at JMB and sold elsewhere...

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Treesnake, whats the fit like on those replacment auto meter gauges ? Do you know if they are using the factory wiring/sensors ? They look to all be electric so that made me corious.