Gauging Interest on Gen 2 Rear Diffuser Blades

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, i thought your Splitter & Diffuser were Aluminum?
http://forums.viperclub.org/2701217-post1.html

Whats FRP? Fiberglass or Plastic?

and why is RussM changing the topic to Splitters:2tu:

He's talking about the other Dave! :rolaugh: See post #52.

And mine is aluminum. FRP = Fiber Reinforced Polymer, AKA fiberglass.

Pretty sure he said splitter when he meant diffuser. Should I teach him one? :rolaugh:

2easy... enter dumb and meaningless retort here -->> [ _ _ _ _ _ ]

Last edited by a moderator:

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Name calling Dave. Weak yet understandable. Its ok when you do it others, but when you are called to task, you squeal like a little girl who has been pinched. Reminds me of a crow or vulture, only willing to feed on dead carion where there is no fight.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright let's stop please. There is starting to be a lot of random posts in this thread.

You are right. I apologize. I read through 2easy's brief collection of posts here at the VCA and most of them are either repeating what others have already said, harassing people that actually have knowledge of cars and can modify and work on them, all the while failing to make tangible suggestions to help others. He is a forum troll looking to make friends and I fell into his trap. Sorry.

Back to diffusers as the conversation in this thread quickly went universal on them(not trying to distract from your excellent product :D) I took some more pics of the diffuser I made that shows the contour that matches the bumper as that was brought up by others. Said new pics being after powder coating and other pics I posted were in 'lawn chair' raw aluminum.

You must be registered for see images

Also, as many simply want a diffuser to reduce dirt buildup on the rear of the car, it has been about 2 weeks since I've washed my car. Warm dry windy and dusty here :tx: and I drive the car a lot. As I've said before I used to get leaves grass etc on the back of the car. Just short of twigs I guess. Now it just gets dusty with the most noticeable part being on the white stripe of course. Not a whole lot dirtier than the rest of the car.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes there are many options for different diffusers out there. I am not marketing a diffuser though, only diffuser style blades. I like yours, its just not for me. I don't want something that big. That being said you have almost as many photos in this thread as I do. If you had interest in making or marketing yours start a thread :). Just trying to keep this thread on topic and it is being hijacked to hell.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Gauging Interest on Gen 2 Rear Diffusor Blades

Sorry I cant help myself. I had to laugh at this. Childish but nesessary, sometimes we all have to stoop to make point, well done. :2tu:
To the topic at hand, I have to say most of these larger designs that offer functionality, are ugly. We could all fasten rear wings to the hood of our cars for the utmost in effective downforce, but dont. Why? Because its UGLY. Canards were developed as a comprimise offering less downforce, and more aesthetics. If you want functionability, its going to look ugly on your style of cars, simply due to the nature of he car design itself. IMHO, you are designing something that has already been done to perfection, on the SRT, and doesnt have an aesthetically pleasing effect on the GTS, regardless of its size, color or shape. ;)

....glass houses.....:smirk:

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

....glass houses.....:smirk:

Agreed and Im just as guilty for stooping to this level but it bothers me when somebody mistreates other members just because they can. This individuals conduct has been question by numerous members not only within this thread, but within numerous others, yet it continues. Inexperience, repetition and/or spelling errors are no excuse to call into question levels of ones intelligence or maturity. It is easy, as I have pointed out throughout these posts, to disect any answer, and make one look the fool. I believe that the spirit of this forum is to answer valid viper inquiries with helpful and supportive information, respectfully and with some degree of civility. My conduct is only to make a point.

I extend may appologies to the innocent who have had to endure this, and I will withdraw in hope of change.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I couldn't agree more; been biting my tongue. It's too bad KNG SNKE's thread got hi-jacked the way it did. His concept is asthetically pleasing to the eye as it fits the contours of the body shape, is econonical and provides an alternative for those who do not care for the larger, boxy difusererthingy.

Agreed and Im just as guilty for stooping to this level but it bothers me when somebody mistreates other members just because they can. This individuals conduct has been question by numerous members not only within this thread, but within numerous others, yet it continues. Inexperience, repetition and/or spelling errors are no excuse to call into question levels of ones intelligence or maturity. It is easy, as I have pointed out throughout these posts, to disect any answer, and make one look the fool. I believe that the spirit of this forum is to answer valid viper inquiries with helpful and supportive information, respectfully and with some degree of civility. My conduct is only to make a point.

I extend may appologies to the innocent who have had to endure this, and I will withdraw in hope of change.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok these will work with Gen 1's as well, with the outside bolts. On Gen 1's where the exhaust of a Gen 2 would be there are 5 bolts, I don't believe you will be able to line them up with the outside bolts but you can install 4 blades in that small area or further out.

On another not for those that are asking about putting the blades closer to the exhaust on a Gen 2. You can put the blades anywhere you like but to utilize the OEM mounting bolts and minimize the holes you need you would have to use the stock mounting bolts. If you look at Treesnakes car he does not utilize the stock mounting bolts. I just designed them to be practical and easy to install but if you want to get fancy and do custom spacing you would just need to make 2 holes per blade instead of 1.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great to me!! Sign me up for a set of four (4). Like most outwardly visible mods, it will make the Bow-Tie and BLue Oval crowd scratch their heads even more...Too cool.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great to me!! Sign me up for a set of four (4). Like most outwardly visible mods, it will make the Bow-Tie and BLue Oval crowd scratch their heads even more...Too cool.

Ok I have to let you know. My fabricator contacted me and said your post gave him a good laugh. The irony is he is a bow tie guy! He said it is funny how you think 4 pieces of aluminum could have the bow tie guys scratching their heads :).

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The autoform piece is functional and can accomadate rear exhaust. THE QUESTION IS: What about the front?? And balance front to rear?? A gen 2 gts makes some rear downforce and the front has some lift. To balance the rear you need a different nose and splitter like autoform plus canards to balance a rear diffuser car with wing at almost neutral. So the question is functional downforce front and rear or rice?? I have an autoform Daytona nose(no extra lights) canards,splitter,rear diffuser and wing(at neutral) It, they work. Much stability gained? Yes! Pricey? Yes. Works? Yes! Lots of fitting? Yes!! Pictures?? No! Someday I will have to figure out how to use a camera and post. Ever follow a gen 3-4 acr in the rain?? Nice rooster trail and the autoform parts do the same. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because a cosmetic thing is added to a viper it does not make it rice, sorry but I disagree. Follow behind any viper and if they are at a good s:lmao:peed you will see the rooster tail hence the constant dirt accumulation on the back bumper. How do you know the autoform is functional? Wind tunnel testing? Autoform track tested them with sensors to monitor air flow? Or because it looks like the bumper from a racing viper so it must be functional? I am not doubting it is functional but this thread is NOT about diffusers. It is merely about diffuser blades which drastically improve aesthetics in the rear of the gen 2. I appreciate constructive criticism but that is not what your offering, your only providing trash talking. Hey I have supercharged stickers on my fender (thanks baz) and they don't make my car faster so should I take them off? No.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The KS blades are modeled after the SRT blades.

ALL the SRTs come from the factory with these blades.

Must be something to it...?

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The KS blades are modeled after the SRT blades.

ALL the SRTs come from the factory with these blades.

Must be something to it...?

Correct, my blades have the same shape as the srt with the exception of the spike at the beginning. It was not aesthetically pleasing to leave the spike.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, my blades have the same shape as the srt with the exception of the spike at the beginning. It was not aesthetically pleasing to leave the spike.

Apparently the SRT engineers thought enough of the blades effectiveness to incorporate them into all Gen 3 AND Gen 4 cars.....

:dunno:

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that have placed your order blades will ship tomorrow or Wednesday pending when I pick them up. For those still interested there are 5 sets remaining.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang