GEN 1 (1994) Radio Info.

magnumman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1994 RT/10. Can anyone tell me what the Alpine model number or model series number is for the OEM radio in my car. I'd rather not have to pull it out of the dash to fing out. I want to put an Alpine CD changer in the trunk and I just want to be able to get the right changer that will match up with the head unit. Any info will help.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is a 1993 (late) It has a CHRYSLER tagged radio/cassette player.
Part # 4643021

I have 2 Alpine units in the trunk (amps?)

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I believe the disc changer is connected via RCA cables, correct? I had a handful of loose ones in the trunk and some more behind the factory head unit. I want to say they were either labeled or I looked it up in my tech manual.

All of my factory speakers were shot and I couldn't even get a radio station on my OEM unit until the car ran for a few minutes (don't ask me) so I just replaced it all with aftermarket parts. If you do new speakers, I recommend grabbing some marine-rated speakers so they're resistant to the sun and water (particularly good for an RT).

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 1994 RT/10. Can anyone tell me what the Alpine model number or model series number is for the OEM radio in my car. I'd rather not have to pull it out of the dash to fing out. I want to put an Alpine CD changer in the trunk and I just want to be able to get the right changer that will match up with the head unit. Any info will help.

There is a factory trunk-mount 6 CD changer for the Gen 1. PartsRack can provde the unit and harness / install kit for $360.

I bet that CHUCK 'dont call me tater' TATOR has the info and unit avail as well

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was told if you want it to match to an oem deck up you need an oem cd changer, I went with a aftermarket Alpine and had to have a custom wire connector spliced together.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a complete Panasonic 12 disc trunk mount system with all cables out of my 1994. It has a removeable faceplate and hand held remote. Make me an offer. I am coming to the Greenvllie/Spartanburg area on Saturday till Tuesday. I'll bring it if you are interested. Still have the box and instructions.

By the way the orginal Alpine CD plays through the radio by tuning into a specific fm station.

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen 1 factory Alpine/Chrysler head unit uses a special Alpine interface adaptor cable which allows any Alpine M Bus 6 disc changer (CHM 601, 610, etc.) to interface directly to the head unit via the long din cable to the trunk. You select CD on the factory head unit and voila, your cd controls work the changer. If your unit is connected via fm, that is a hack aftermarket interface and not factory. Sometimes you can find this Alpine interface cable on ebay for $50 or less. I can't recall the part #, I've got the old box in the garage somewhere, if I find it I'll post the part #.

OP
OP
M

magnumman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the model numbers of your Alpine CD changers? Don

OP
OP
M

magnumman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't bought any yet, want to make sure I have the right match.

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHM 601, 611, 620 & 630 will work fine...don't know about the newer M-Bus models

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang