Gen 1 Fuel Filter RT/10

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While on the lift, changing the oil, I took some pic on my Iphone of the fuel filter. But by looking at connection, these don't look like the type I've read on here as a two tab quick connect, rather the push in type, am I right?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Chuck for advise before tackling this job! See the write up I posted in the tech help section regarding my awful experience chaning the filter on my Gen I. Hope that between Chuck and the write up, yours will go much smoother!

OP
OP
DeLViper

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a factory fuel filter [92-02] and it looks like its been there for a while. That may be a fun one to change? :omg: I have spent hours trying to disconnect those f/filters if they've not been changed to offend! :mad: I might be able to give you some tips on changing that filter. :cool:

http://forums.viperclub.org/vendor-review-tators-dodge/

Chuck, I'll give you a call.

Just wondering in this video, if the quick connect tool makes it that much easier to remove the connections after depressurizing the system.

YouTube - QUICK CONNECT RELEASE TOOL - INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO FRAK ONLY

OP
OP
DeLViper

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Chuck for advise before tackling this job! See the write up I posted in the tech help section regarding my awful experience chaning the filter on my Gen I. Hope that between Chuck and the write up, yours will go much smoother!

Ed,

Great write up and will follow your instructions, to ensure I don't break anything, as it sounds like a costly replacement parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456