gen 1 running skip problem

robims

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok this is my 3rd yellow 95 rt. all was well till about a year ago. ok stock other than straight pipes, mufflers no cats. passed emissions ok ran great. then sudenly the car dies once and starts back up the dealer soon after replaced the map sensor.the car picks up this skip shortly after.when it is idling you can put you foot at the side pipe and feel the engine miss or skip in both cyl banks ..ok so new plugs, wires to no help, running rich now and it wont pass emissions anymore...so off to dealer... he thinks bad headgasket..so pulls heads, no bad gaskets so race gaskets anyhow do valvejob and new o2 sensors and changed map again just in case. car still has skip in engine and runs rich,so i replace both coil packs but no differece so now im here...options ???? pcm, icm , crank or cam sensor ...the check engine light is lit on ocassion.the light was on and dealer had scanner plugged and didnt show on scanner while the light was on ....any sugestions ?

Last edited:

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the car is actually skipping down the road, and flailing its doors around.

PS, that is what you get for buying that many yellow Viper's....

-Tim

OP
OP
R

robims

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i corrected the post but it runs fine under power its all in the low end and idle you can clearly hear it miss or skip bad .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine