Gen-2 Cup holder (PICS)

Simi Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After almost a year from now since I've owned my Viper. I've been search for the cup holder for it. As you know the Viper [******] pit space is very limited. I've been in alot of diffrent auto parts stores and accessories stores and finnally I found one in the local accessory store that fits in the glove compartment door with a little mods. Pop it up when in use and flatten it when not in use.Well Viper fellas give some comments please. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eric.

270Cup_Holder_009-med.jpg

270Cup_Holder_007-med.jpg

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's not a purist sentiment, but I like it.
I drink sodas a lot, and have found myself precariously supporting a big soda on the seat between my legs while driving. And twice I've had people want to race when I was so indisposed. And it seems to fold up nicely, hidden.
How does it attach to the glovebox door, and is it sturdy enough to support a larger (32oz.) soda under acceleration?

I know that I shouldn't be interested, but I drive my Viper daily, and regularly pick up dinner in the car. Including sodas. :eek:

-Dean.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MGW has a similar version and its built right into the glove box, plus their door is much heavier so it doesnt rattle, much better than stock

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MGW has a similar version and its built right into the glove box, plus their door is much heavier so it doesnt rattle, much better than stock

I did not see that anywhere on their website -> www.mgwltd.com/viper1.html
Have they stopped making it?

You must be registered for see images

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty cool, but this is where I place my arm when I am driving. Doesn't your elbow hit it?

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the MGW, and love it. It doesn't hit my arm when I'm driving, just have to do the reach-across with left to use it. Only thing about the MGW as opposed to Eric's solution is that fact that it doesn't collapse, and intrudes on your storage capacity a bit. The advantages are the weight of the AL, and the awesome color matched Pete emblem embedded in it. Looks awesome when the door is closed. 175.00 total from MGW with the cup holder!

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not see that anywhere on their website -> www.mgwltd.com/viper1.html
Have they stopped making it?

Look at the glove box lid and you'll see a cup holder option for I think around $25 more. You have to have their glove box lid in order to have the cup holder because it's custom fit. I have them both and they are well worth it.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the glove box lid and you'll see a cup holder option for I think around $25 more. You have to have their glove box lid in order to have the cup holder because it's custom fit. I have them both and they are well worth it.

Oh! Heh-heh. That's what that was. Duh. I just looked at the pics, and didn't recognize the four black squares with the four different Viper emblems in them as being a glove box. I feel so dumb. But at least I have my answer now. *grin* Thanks for suffering this fool. LOL

Question: Anyone know if you can get the glove box lid without a factory snake medallion embedded in it?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge has a velcro cup-holder/basket that attached below your shifter on the left or right. I don't have one, but it looks like it would work well. It is in the factory Viper accessories catalogue. I think they are around $20, if memory serves. Someone here must have one....

Later

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the dodge velcro units in Gen II, Gen III and ZO6 works good for cell phones and cups. However I have a problem keeping it stuck on the the GenII, have tried all types of 2 sided tape.

OP
OP
S

Simi Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your interest and comments on my post.
I don't think it will fit a 32oz cup in it. Compare with MGW version I belive you have to spend $175.00, I spent $10.00 and 20 minutes to mods the glovebox door, since the cup holder is a little bigger than the bottom part of the door I have to trim it in order to recess it in, after it's trimmed it will sit perfectly in the door and it's about 3/8 in" thicker (when not in use) as you can see in the pics. :usa:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wear one of those hats that holds 2 twelve ounce cans on it. Looks real cool with the top off too!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't expect to see a real cup holder. He should have warned us that it was a real cup holder idea. jeez

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, i don't have a blonde cup holder, but i have a 5'8" red head holding two D cups...............too bad she likes riding in my Audis better than in my viper.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, i don't have a blonde cup holder, but i have a 5'8" red head holding two D cups...............too bad she likes riding in my Audis better than in my viper.

If the sensation of riding in the viper is too much for her, tell her to just put her head down in your lap and it'll be all better ;)

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Erik

could you please tell me where you bought the cupholder? You did a great job with the install - looks factory and very practical...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang