Gen 3 with RSI 750 package

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 3 vert with RSI 750 package

605.7 SAE HP 593.7 SAE TORQUE

Since then I have installed ACRX manifolds, lost the cat installed 3" exhaust lost the H pipes, and it now enables time travel

will redo the dyno after all the snow we have here

sam

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
750 sounds a bit optomistic but sounds like a powerful car.

what is involved in the build ? is it the new RSI or old ?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
750, but only 600 at wheels? That's 20% driveline loss. I thought most of the RSI stuff involved a Paxton? A Paxton on stock Gen III should have you over 600 unless it's not tuned correctly.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha. Still seems a little low at the wheels to be a 750 crank hp package. Are your dyno numbers corrected?

WillH2010

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would be the Old RSI Package. But even then you should be seeing more along the lines of 640-650RWHP.

OP
OP
S

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill dig the spec sheet from RSi, i know its 520 stroked tho

RSI 520 stoker crank
Manley lightweight Pro series rods
Coated Main and Rod Bearings
Custom machining and balancing
Professionally Blueprinted and assembled
RSI CNC ported and polished Cylinder heads
2.02 intake, 1.60 Exhaust s/s valves
full bronze guides
heavy duty valve springs
titanium retainers
full machined locks
RSI custom ground camshaft
RSI upgraded lifters
1.7 T & D roller rockers with hardened pushrods
billet valve cover spacers
Hennessey air induction with high flow filters

all this was done with 0 miles on the clock, it was transported to RSI from the dealership

Last edited:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should loosen up to 615 rwhp and 605 rwt.....not to mention pcm tune changes can take a while to really sit in as well...i know every time i unload my sct tune to go back to stock and then reload the sct tune and can take a few days of driveing for the power to feel optimal again....even on the dyno i did two runs with the sct tune haveing 100 plus miles and a 30 minute kool down revealed 476 rwhp....i then loaded the stock tune and then reloaded the sct tune to get rid of an emissions check engine light and let the car sit for an hour....the car lost 5 rwhp despite the extended kool down because of the fresh pcm change.....my quarter mile runs also showed that the sct tune with 100 miles or so was a bit faster than a freshly loaded tune.....so could easily be in the 620s rwhp with a good 1000 miles on the engine/tune

OP
OP
S

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just been informed the dyno run was done on 91ron, detuned cats piss

and i have just found the explanation from RSI on the figures

"
Hi Gerald,

Been looking at the Dyno sheet Jason sent out to me. Firstly, how do I know this is from my car? Secondly, it peaks at 605bhp when I thought we were more like 650ish (in other words 750 ish at the crank hence RSI750).

Any comments?

Thanks,"

" I spoke with Jason about the dyno numbers and he assures me that they are in fact your numbers and you can tell because of the date the car was dyno’ed and the date on the dyno sheet. The reason for the lower numbers is due to several reasons. The first reason is you have Catalytic Converters on the car. This in fact lowers the dyno numbers by about 20RWHP. We also add less timing to vehicles that are scheduled to go north of Virginia because of the weather fluctuation and problems our other customers have had with bad gas. The more timing you can add the more horsepower a car has. A total of this is usually around 35-45RWHP. You are making around the 750ish to the crankshaft but with the catalytic converters and less timing, you are only seeing low 600’s. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if I can be of assistance answering other questions."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper