Gen 4 Oil In Oil/Air Seperator after light drive.

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Installed DC Performance oil/air seperator a few weeks ago. Took the car out for a spin, about a 20 mins ride, a few hard brakes to show my wife how well these brakeman pads work, other than that a pretty slow normal drive, as its been very cold here. Took the seperator apart and this is what i found. Went ahead and removed throttle body and cleaned it also. It looks like that gunk has been in the throttle bodies a while. Ill see in a few months if there is any oil in them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do the internals of that can look like? Does it have wire mesh (or something similar) to help catch the oil, or is it just hollow in there? Just curious...

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same oil/air separator from DC on my 09 ACR. Have tracked the car a bunch and have put 7000 miles on it since the separator was added to the car when new. No oil in mine, ever. In fact I was worried that there should be some and there isn't. Haven't checked the throttle bodies but maybe I'll do that sometime before Spring.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this kit use the Arrow Racing modified Valve covers?

Tomball installed mine before I got the car. It connects between the passenger side valve cover and the intake. It uses stock valve covers and simply splices in the line between the front of the valve cover and the intake. While I didn't personally install mine it looks really simple to do.

OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not the arrow version, this kit still keeps the pcv in operation, the arrow version more of a catch can and pcv delete i think. It apparently is working, which is good. Im interested to check the tb in a few months. Even the way the intake is design im not sure how oil ran down thru the throttle bodies unless there was alot of oil pooling?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave