Gen 4 track issue with panel

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey road course regulars,
Some of the 'regulars' in Houston have lost the rectangular front wheel well access panel while on the track for 30 minute sessions. My wife lost the same panel twice in the last 2 months with new push pins put in place and 2 more of us lost one last weekend. I almost lost both.

1. Anyone else come across this issue?
2. Has anyone found a good resolution for it? I just don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done something simple. (We don't want to run without the panel due to rubber entering the hole).

I'll be emailing Jon to order another panel. Thanks for any feedback.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Zip tie? Sounds ghetto but they hold up well and can be easily hidden. You're talking about the headlight/foglight access panel correct?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Commonly-lost part on track AND street! Corner workers are always calling-in to race control about those "small black rectangles just off the racing line." Many owners dont know they are even missing.

If you surround the panel's 3 tabs and 4 corners with a bead of silicone sealer, that stuff will gel and hold the panel in place. It is then a simple matter to "peel" the sealer off when/if you need to remove the panel.

Mike, yours is in the prio mail

HINT: Buy a spare.....

JonB's rule of spares: "If you buy a spare ANYTHING ..you will likely never need it!"

Last edited:

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lost this rectangle as well and have no idea when! It has since been replaced.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, I am the other one who lost one at the track. Send me two driver side and one passenger side please

WckdSnke

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lost drivers side at track. :drive:

Black duct tape on both sides fixed the issue.

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, I am the other one who lost one at the track. Send me two driver side and one passenger side please
Hey Tim, You make 4 then. K and B lost panels but K went and got hers when the track went cold (she actually saw it fly off in turn 10) and B had a cornerworker bring it to her at the end of the day.

Get all the tar off your car yet?

venomred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very easy...just drill a hole above and below the latch at the top of the panel and run a xip tie through the holes...I've never lost another...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

On The Way, Prio Mail.... Thanks

Common item also damaged is G4 ACR Fog-lite black-outs....Owners, see if yours are shattered?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Tim, You make 4 then. K and B lost panels but K went and got hers when the track went cold (she actually saw it fly off in turn 10) and B had a cornerworker bring it to her at the end of the day. .....

No surprise there....cornerworkers spot EVERYTHING......... not just passing under yellow!

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foldover nut on one of the existing holes and a screw. Works fine, lasts a long time.