Gen 5 on Jay Leno's Garage site on 6/29

SSR9999

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been posted, but Gen 5 will be featured on Jay Leno's Garage. There's a picture of the Gen 5 along with Gen 1 and 2.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BADASS!! I was hoping, praying and crossing my fingers and toes that they'd bring it on there! Cannot wait to see it. Im also really curious to see what Jay says about it. I know Ralph has visited his shop numerous times, so I kind of had a feeling they might eventually bring it on there, but didnt think it'd happen so quick. Too bad they never brought the GEN IV ACR on there. Oh well.

Thanks for letting us know. I watch Jay Leno's Garage religiously, but I never really go check out the site until Friday and Mondays.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pretty cool, ride hight looks like its at the production levels.

tbi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice vid. Showed more of the car than anything else so far

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jay is great to watch and when he gets his, im sure thats gonna be a fun one to watch. cant wait ..sweet!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I loved the look he had when he started it up. I think it took him by surprise a bit. A few years ago when I was at a red light in my final edition, he pulled up next to me in an old Deusey and started chatting a bit. We ended up chatting at the next four or five lights and when someone pulled in front of him, he actually jumped the double yellow line to pass them back so we could chat at the next light. He said that he loved the Gen I and Gen II cars but wasn't going to get any more vipers. I think that this Gen V car just might change his mind judging by this video. The more I see this car, the more excited I get about it and the more appreciative I am of having a real enthusiast like Ralph heading the project. Great job team SRT!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This video was done the day before the Baratt-Jackson charity auction. SRT is working their butts off launching their new brand.

Something that was not mentioned before was the super higher quality of detail throughout the new car. Tons of thought, and sweating the small details shows how this car was not just bolted together, but more and more attention to detail was integrated into the entire production.

The idea that launch control was available for those times when consistancy is the most important, while the standard mode of launch was totally under driver control by default has a certain appeal.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta love Leno, "it's a sturdy V10, you can fix it with a hammer" :lmao:

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool video. At least we have some direct SRT comments over the pricing:

Leno: "How much is this, about 110?

SRT Rep: "...a little more than that"

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool video. At least we have some direct SRT comments over the pricing:

Leno: "How much is this, about 110?

SRT Rep: "...a little more than that"

Her body language suggests that it isn't too much more. I hope my inference is correct. All together, cool video. I can tell Jay genuinely likes the car. Sometimes you can tell when he isn't impressed (see the Hennessy Venom GT episode). Exhaust sounds great too!!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good video. Jay gets it. one thing they stated was the vents behind the door cool the brakes, i thought it was to cool the differential.

Bruce

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe racers will be able to direct those vents to either diff/brakes/both.

Heard also that the airflow combines with air underneath to enhance flow out the diffusers.

Have not yet been underneath the car, but all vents are intended to be functional.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very good video. Jay gets it. one thing they stated was the vents behind the door cool the brakes, i thought it was to cool the differential.

Bruce

I seem to remember hearing that one side does the diff and the other side does something else, maybe brakes but I thought Gilles said that the rear brakes don't need cooling and it went to something else, could be wrong though.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gilles and others of the Viper team have said that the scoops cool the differential. Once when correcting some on who said they cool the rear breaks. Take a look at the announcement and the walkaround as I recall.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if after seeing the car in person Jay isn't scratching his head wondering how's that Dave Ressler paid a million dollar for the first 2009 ZR1 of the line and the first 2013 viper went for 300 thousand.