Gen II or Gen IV? Decision made

Hoodoo Man

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth for the past year trying to decide between purchasing a black Gen II coupe or a black Gen IV coupe. I have had a red 1998 RT/10 for the past 12 years and have known for a while that I would also add a coupe. I still remember the feeling from seeing my first Gen II coupe. It was a difficult decision, but I knew either choice would be a good one!! Introducing Mr. Vooodo: ( No its not a Vooodoo Edition; its an all black 2010 ACR-- I transfered the plate from my 1987 Grand National).

Attachments

• Vooodoo3email.jpg
    Vooodoo3email.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Vooodo 1 email.jpg
    Vooodo 1 email.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Vooodo 2email.jpg
    Vooodo 2email.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 109
  • vooodo5 email.jpg
    vooodo5 email.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 147

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Menacing. nice garage.

plan on keeping the RT/10?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks amazing... If you already have a Gen2 and you have the means to get the Gen4 then sure... why not have the best of both worlds...

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would have been an easy decision for me and good call. That is menacing

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one menacing garage! Congratulations on the new purchase. As many ACRs as all of have seen, I just never thought of one in all black. It really does the car justice. Enjoy the new car!

OP
OP
H

Hoodoo Man

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks Menacing. nice garage.

plan on keeping the RT/10?

Will definitely keep the RT/10. I installed a roe supercharger in it as a winter project several years ago . SHE IS A KEEPER.

The addition of the lift about 10 years ago was maybe the best $2500 purchase I have made. The tire rack was also a very useful addition. Next summer's project is the epoxy the garage floor.

Larry

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one of the nicest ACRs I've seen; not a stripe guy so yours is the pinnacle.

ditto on the lift

Rustoleum kit has been awesome for me since I did mine.

You could get the gray with the BLACK sprinkles :omg::D

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoodoo man, nice nice nice!
You have great taste in cars, all of them!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good choice. As much as I loved my GTS and think it is just an amazing looking car, the my GEN IV leaves it in the dust as far as driving experience. You really can't go wrong with either as I think they are the best two generations. Though, I do miss the rawness of my Gen I. Ahhhh, I need them all. I'll pass on the Gen IIIs though lol

OP
OP
H

Hoodoo Man

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm................so the new question is................................
Hoodoo u luv!?

Sorry couldn't resist -- enjoy your sinister Snake.

Hi Bill.. It's Larry. Thanks for selling me a fantastic car!! Actually I do love all four. And they are all made here in the USA!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is an AMAZING looking car! There's just something about the Gen-IV ACR that looks so good without stripes or center band. It has just the right break up of lines and space. And all black...holy cow is that gorgeous.

Congrats on a great choice. I'd love to photograph that thing with my solid yellow. What a pair.

OP
OP
H

Hoodoo Man

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is an AMAZING looking car! There's just something about the Gen-IV ACR that looks so good without stripes or center band. It has just the right break up of lines and space. And all black...holy cow is that gorgeous.

Congrats on a great choice. I'd love to photograph that thing with my solid yellow. What a pair.

I would like the do that side by side too!! I'll keep in touch as I hope to do an east coast trip next summer.:drive:

I agree about the 'right breakup of lines and space'. I was debating between all black and black/silver or black/white. I'm sure the stripes would look good, but the all black with the wing and splitters seems (to quote Willie the P) SINISTER.

Larry

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like the do that side by side too!! I'll keep in touch as I hope to do an east coast trip next summer.:drive:

I agree about the 'right breakup of lines and space'. I was debating between all black and black/silver or black/white. I'm sure the stripes would look good, but the all black with the wing and splitters seems (to quote Willie the P) SINISTER.

Larry

Will you be attending VOI? I know finding each other would be like finding a needle in a haystack, but that might be a good opportunity, as I am shipping my car out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang