GEN II - Replacing the Fascia Panel Retainers with Body Bolts

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GEN II - Replacing the Fascia Panel Retainers with Body Bolts

Dealing with the fascia panel retainers is a big PITA. Dave6666 suggested that I replace the retainers with body bolts so that future removals would be sooooooooo much easier.

Here is what I did to replace the fascia panel retainers (tree fasteners) during the installation of my front fascia…

Parts:

Tools:
  • Drill bit and tap tool for 5/16”-18
Drill and tap the 4 fascia panel retainer locations on the bottom of the reinforcement bar.

You must be registered for see images

Drill and tap the middle 5 fascia panel retainer locations on the top of the reinforcement bar.

This is a before picture of a fascia panel retainer hole.

This is an after picture once a hole was tapped.

I put new fascia panel retainers upside down in the two outermost holes on the top of the reinforcement bar. I use them to initially position the fascia panel during installation. Remember, I have that unusual shim on the driver side that also needs to be kept in place.

Done.

Here are some pictures for those who have never seen the inside of the front fascia area.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post ! You are right up there tied with that other guy for best illustrated DIY instructions; but, hopefully you don't get PO'ed and take your photos down ! I count on these kind of things !

BTW, I had taken my fascia off a few days before you posted your removal & install instructions. I was wondering exactly where the heck that triangular piece of rubber on my garage floor came from. Now I know ! (pic #12 above, top left.) :2tu:

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nicely done! Thanks for taking the time to post a "how to." I actually have a slightly sagging front fascia I want to address sometime soon. I'll have to keep this thread saved. Thanks again!

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent post, definitely deserve to be in the "How to" section!

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outstanding photography and information. It was perfect timing for me as I am getting ready to swap out my fascia with a spare one I just finished repainting.

Keep up the great work.