Gen IV fuel tankl size

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone cornfirm how many gallons of fuel the Gen IV holds. Manual says 16, but GEN -3 says 18. Are these the same tanks? If so, which is correct? Also, does anyone know how much fuel is left when the low fuel light comes on?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The tanks changed between gen 3 and 4 from what I understand. I think it had something to do with some government safety stuff. Either more stuff needed to get fitted in the car that took up space or the tank needed more clearance or something for impact. On my gen 3 I think I have around 3-4 gallons when the light hits, but I've never fully tested that. Pushed it pretty far once and when I typically fill it a little after the light comes on I put a little over 14 gallons in.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just keep pumping until all the cash in your wallet is gone. That should do it.

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have filled up a gen 4 about 16.7 gallons so I might have been running on fumes. Ussally when light come on fill up is about 13 to 14 gallons. Hope that helps.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I remember being told by an SRT guy that the tanks were physically the same size but the Gen 4 has reduced capacity due to something with the EVAP emissions system.