Gen IV PCM removal

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had the instructions before with my MOPAR PCM kit on the install/removal procedure but has misplaced them. Anyone have instructions handy?

From what I remember disconnect battery, and under hood passanger side firewall is where the PCM is located. Just wondering if there was more to it or not?

Anyone remember the bolt sizes needed off hand? My car is not accessible to check and will need to bring tools from home.

Thanks!

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it already calibrated and have the TPS's been sync to your car?

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just going of memory of watching a guy do mine:

Pretty sure the ECU is on the drivers side towards the front of the car.
10mm bolts I think. Hope this helps. Ill go look at mine tonight if someone else doesn't chime in. Also I think you can just disconnect the main power opposed to the actual battery.

-Tim

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's located in front driver side, under the upper radiator hose. I think you only need a screw driver to remove three screws on the cover plate.

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's 3 screws and once the cover plate is off there are 4 plugs. There are clips on each plug that you slide to release them. I changed it many times without disconnecting my battery with no problems, but do that at your own risk.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's 3 screws and once the cover plate is off there are 4 plugs. There are clips on each plug that you slide to release them. I changed it many times without disconnecting my battery with no problems, but do that at your own risk.

:headbang: A man who lives life on the edge!;)

Seriously though, I too have changed PCMs several times without disconnecting the battery.