Gen IV TPMs Question

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 6 mos. ago I added new wheels with NEW OEM TPMs for the new wheels. I kept the OEM sensors from my OEM wheels with those factory wheels. I do not think

My wheel installer could not sync the new sensors on the new wheels at the time of install (they tried but could not get it).

Today I went to my local Dodge Dealer and they told me $150 to sync them. I called another Dealer just to check this and the price was about the same BUT he also advised me that it may NOT be possible to sync the new TPMs sensors to the computer because I do not have the serial numbers handy. (I understand that the serial numbers are only visible when the tires are removed from the rims).

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might most efficiently sync the new TPMs sensors with the computer? Can the Dealer do it without the serial numbers of the new TPMs? I do not want to dismount my new tires.

Thanks for your ideas?

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 6 mos. ago I added new wheels with NEW OEM TPMs for the new wheels. I kept the OEM sensors from my OEM wheels with those factory wheels. I do not think

My wheel installer could not sync the new sensors on the new wheels at the time of install (they tried but could not get it).

Today I went to my local Dodge Dealer and they told me $150 to sync them. I called another Dealer just to check this and the price was about the same BUT he also advised me that it may NOT be possible to sync the new TPMs sensors to the computer because I do not have the serial numbers handy. (I understand that the serial numbers are only visible when the tires are removed from the rims).

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might most efficiently sync the new TPMs sensors with the computer? Can the Dealer do it without the serial numbers of the new TPMs? I do not want to dismount my new tires.

Thanks for your ideas?

That's silly. Many other makes allow you to reset the TPMS in the vehicle. Guess the lesson here is to move the sensors to the new wheels.

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve--I read those threads before posting.

What I will do is get the Dealer to guarantee that for $150, without dismounting my tires, the TPMs will be fully functioning. If not, I get my $$$ back. I do not want my wheels damaged over this issue.

I will post if and when the matter has been resolved.

Thanks again to all!

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell, I'll do it for free...in less than 5 minutes!!!!

Steve:

I would gladly pay for services rendered, but unfortunately I am in Southern California and I do not want ot pay for a scan tool, etc.!

Thanks for your efforts!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I do understand. While I find that the TPMS system is somewhat "basic", what really irritates me is hearing the BS that some of our fellow members have run into just trying to keep their system operating. Sadly, some folks
had already been to more than one dealership without success.

I have had the opportunity to program/reprogram many Gen III and Gen IV Vipers' TPMS...easy to do (as well as quick) with the correct tools.

Good luck to you !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960