Gen V update - 6,000 mile mark

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great review. I put the 2013 transmission in my ACR...kept the 3.07. No bog, acceration in all gears and getting 20 MPG on interstate. I put 9,000 mile on it this summer. No noise and no issues.

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Your Viper looks great; and, I enjoyed your review.

In your review, you mentioned crossing the country three times. Therefore, would you mind providing a little feedback regarding the public’s reaction to your Gen V?

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great review. I put the 2013 transmission in my ACR...kept the 3.07. No bog, acceration in all gears and getting 20 MPG on interstate. I put 9,000 mile on it this summer. No noise and no issues.

What RPM are you at on the freeway? And at what MPH?

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Your Viper looks great; and, I enjoyed your review.

In your review, you mentioned crossing the country three times. Therefore, would you mind providing a little feedback regarding to the public’s reaction to your Gen V?

Thanks,
Jim

Public loves the Viper. Even my '06 gets "rock star" type status on the highway. Many people taking cell phone pics, no matter where I drive it. General feedback from the gas station conversations that the car attracts, nobody even knew they still built Vipers.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Public loves the Viper. Even my '06 gets "rock star" type status on the highway. Many people taking cell phone pics, no matter where I drive it. General feedback from the gas station conversations that the car attracts, nobody even knew they still built Vipers.
I also think that is half the problem as well

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But, for those of us that like exclusivity, I don't mind if people don't go buy thousands of them. I already have mine. If they stopped building the Gen V tomorrow, I'd be okay with that. I don't plan on buying two of them. ;)