Gen V Viper in blue from Motortrend

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Have you missed all the posts explaining the test mules do not have the stock ride height? The production cars will sit a little lower.

Did SRT miss all the posts explaining that the LED lights are overdone and look cheesy.?

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did SRT miss all the posts explaining that the LED lights are overdone and look cheesy.?

I doubt anyone told them that during the unveiling in NY or at any of the other events showcasing the car. Seems the vast majority of people interested in the car have no complaints about the LEDs.

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny how seeing the yellow and red test mules made me question whether Dodge/SRT made a mistake in the car design, but seeing it in blue makes me want to buy asap. Can't wait to see it in person. I just hope the SRT versions are available for under $100K.

Last edited:
F

FrgMstr

The more I see those LED lights in the front, the more I dont like them. They look cheesy.

Yep, cheap looking crap. I think this is the major reason I am turned off by the front end.

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did SRT say we wont be able to turn the LED DRLs off? I can turn them off on my R8. Just about all recent high-end cars are implementing LED lights in some form (then again so are a lot of cheap cars), but I don't think the Viper's design cheapens the look of the car. The small horizontal LED strips that some Porsche and Mercedes utilize look cheaper to me than LEDs integrated into the headlamps.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to see the Gen V running around at Barratt-Jackson, and the LED lights were not an issue. The car looked great from all angles.

I saw them in person at the VCA Gala, and I didnt care for them much there either. Theyre kind of goofy looking.:crazy2:

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw them in person at the VCA Gala, and I didnt care for them much there either. Theyre kind of goofy looking.:crazy2:

Looks like no way around those. All the new cars have those Pep boys looking LED running lights. Thanks to Audi..

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great. still waiting to see the car in white/ red interior with carbon fiber exterior package on a GTS

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that blue looks so good that i cannot even put it into words...its perfect

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When will you guys quit complaining about LED lights? The integrated units the Gen V uses are much lighter than the previous setup... I thought you guys were all about function over form? Next thing you know, you'll be complaining about those silly pneumatic tires, or those flashy 4-wheel disc brakes. What were they thinking using technology on this car?

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When will you guys quit complaining about LED lights? The integrated units the Gen V uses are much lighter than the previous setup... I thought you guys were all about function over form? Next thing you know, you'll be complaining about those silly pneumatic tires, or those flashy 4-wheel disc brakes. What were they thinking using technology on this car?

It's not just on the new Viper LEDs. Porsches,Mercedez Benz,Lexus etc.. All look like chit IMO..

All I know is when I get my Gen V. The first two things I'm gonna do . Is lower it,and then disable/turn off them LEDs..:smirk:

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just on the new Viper LEDs. Porsches,Mercedez Benz,Lexus etc.. All look like chit IMO..

All I know is when I get my Gen V. The first two things I'm gonna do . Is lower it,and then disable/turn off them LEDs..:smirk:

You gonna replace them with carbide lamps? The only people I hear complaining about the LEDs are just too damn old to appreciate the technology... You're the same people who complain the bright light button isn't still on the floorboard "where it belongs."

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gonna replace them with carbide lamps? The only people I hear complaining about the LEDs are just too damn old to appreciate the technology... You're the same people who complain the bright light button isn't still on the floorboard "where it belongs."

Wow, what an idiot you are. Your ASSumption is totally wrong. Might want to know exactly who you're talking to/about before you go spoutin' off at the mouth there, brah. Im 31 and think all of the LED's in the new headlights look goofy. You dont "appreciate" the technology, you just think its cool. How old are you, 15?:rolleyes:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There's a problem with this. Bushido's right and to be fair your in Indiana. I know there isn't much to see besides corn and the Indy 'let's-finish-the-race-under-caution' 500 BUT... I see the pep boys LED crap on every four door sedan, japanese import, and even a few domestics every now and then. They are a fad and nothing more. They looked cool on audi's but that's about it. The 300 has them but it's tastefully done. The viper simply doesn't need them, why try to make something badass even look more badass with something goofy?

I'm sure this Gen has created the most controversy than the previous gens. Oh and for the record I'm 23 and on Chuck's side of the line!

--RS

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a problem with this. Bushido's right and to be fair your in Indiana. I know there isn't much to see besides corn and the Indy 'let's-finish-the-race-under-caution' 500 BUT... I see the pep boys LED crap on every four door sedan, japanese import, and even a few domestics every now and then. They are a fad and nothing more. They looked cool on audi's but that's about it. The 300 has them but it's tastefully done. The viper simply doesn't need them, why try to make something badass even look more badass with something goofy?

I'm sure this Gen has created the most controversy than the previous gens. Oh and for the record I'm 23 and on Chuck's side of the line!

--RS

I see black rubber wheels on every four door sedan, japanese import, etc... so apparently your point is just because some technology is used in an unappealing fashion on mass-produced vehicles, it doesn't have any place on a Viper. And as far as LEDs being a fad, they are no more fad than compact discs, DVDs, etc. Sure the LEDS will eventually disappear, but not until there's something lighter and more efficient to replace them. I'm guessing they saved 5-10 lbs by moving to an integrated unit instead of installing multiple kinds of lighting on the car. Everyone wanted a lighter vehicle. Now you've got it.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me that there were similar issues with the Gen 3 when it came out. Someone did'nt like something! In the end we will all love the viper in all forms. Just my 2 cents. SSG all the way!!!

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the contrasting stiching...but I'm all in on red leather!

Yes, red leather is ke.... I am looking to take those red leather seats and convert to my GTS.... but still the wheel gap is chilling me no matter if it's test height or not....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala