Gen V wheels on a Gen II RT / GTS: anyone photoshop this?

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have / can any of you photoshop wizards put the Gen V wheels on a Gen II car?? I saw a PS of the wheels on a Gen III/IV and it looked pretty sharp.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That really puts into perspective how much the GenV looks like the Gen II, I guess that's why I like it so much. From the first time I drove a Gen IV, I wished I could have my GTS body on a Gen IV chasis...and that's pretty much what they did; it's the best of both worlds.

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL! Thanks Simms for the foundation of that work. Thanks for the compliments too guys. I'll try to do a red GTS when I get a break from work.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm not too bad, think I will stick with the SRT 6 spokes I got. More room to reach in and less spokes to clean. =P

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This comparison pic may have changed my perspective on things. I am very impressed with how true to the original the Gen V is. It looks so good that I was thinking of buying it on mostly looks alone. I do admit, launch control was a factor also... But seeing them side-by-side like this, I can see how there may never be another Viper that will top the looks of the original GTS. Something about the proportions and placements of the curves, the way the rear window pillar was swept back and not forward, the way the doors almost go into the hood, the way the hood actually swept back down into the windshield, and the way the rear quarter panel curve matched the hood curve... While the Gen V looks fantastic, I don't think the original will ever be matched. The only flaw it had was the wheel gap. I actually drove to go see a local GTS for sale just because of this picture. I wanted to really see it up close with my new perspective in mind... I think I may be hooked.
I think I may change my plans and just save $70k and go buy an original GTS. Coming from a Gen I, anything will be an upgrade. :think:

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I reversed the pic so that it would be easy for the eyes to compare the GTS to the gen V. BTW, that red GTS does have mirrors. There are several pics of the same car with that model. I'll post them when I get a chance.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That really puts into perspective how much the GenV looks like the Gen II, I guess that's why I like it so much. From the first time I drove a Gen IV, I wished I could have my GTS body on a Gen IV chasis...and that's pretty much what they did; it's the best of both worlds.
The similarity ends at the side view, perhaps a low angle 1/4 and 3/4 view. Front and back views on the Gen V don't remind you of a Gen II at all.

-Avi
1997 Viper GTS

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen V front wheels are 18 x 10.5 as opposed to 18 x 10. The width of the tire jumps from 275 to 295. What are the odds the Gen V wheels simply bolt up to the GTS? Many people put 19 x 13 with 345 width tires on the GTS. The new car is 19 x 13 with a 355. Fairly good chance that will fit but you never know until they release the offset patterns.