Gen2 Camshaft ???

Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm rebuilding my 97 GTS. Full on race car. New pistons,balanced,ported heads,oiling mods,last time made 530hp at wheels. What camshaft specs do you guys recommend.
Thanks for anyones input, Mike.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whos doing the heads ? id get with them on it but im always going to recommend one of our vendors here.

greg good. he's the best IMO and is more than capable of doing the headwork

Reaction score
I'm rebuilding my 97 GTS. Full on race car. New pistons,balanced,ported heads,oiling mods,last time made 530hp at wheels. What camshaft specs do you guys recommend.
Thanks for anyones input, Mike.

Provide us with a rwhp target, and how much rpm you plan to spin the engine.

Hydraulic roller or solid lifter?

Greg

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heads do over by Greg that flow like sh&&
and had a custom cam by Greg in a previous gts... Sounds nasty and made good good power. Very strong in mid range

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Props to Greg...unless you're certain the heads are ported well, you might benefit from sending them to him for a look-see. He may confirm they're good or let you know they need something before you put it all back together. Good luck with the build.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got to 580RW with the heads you fixed up for me this past summer. The pulls were made in 100 degree heat on 93, so I imagine there 600 in there but its streetable as it is so I'm driving it as is. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960