Getting my RT's brake system together!

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Getting my RT\'s brake system together!

With thanks to Tom at Incyte, Nancy at Woodhouse, and Jon at Parts Rack, my Gen II brakes are starting to come together. I've only had the car a month, but knew right away that the nearly worn-out pads on the stock braking system were an opportunity waiting. So I got the 40MM rear caliper rebuild from Tom, Brakeman 3's all around from Nancy, and the StopTech Stage II from Jon. Hopefully, I'll get all this on in a week or so.
I'd be really interested to hear from other Viper owners with 17 inch systems who've gone a similar route. Were there any watch-outs during the installation process? How happy are you with your system. I plan to keep the stock brake proportion valve in place by the way.
Hopefully this summer we can get down to VIR (only an hour away). Really looking forward to this upgrade. :)

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Getting my RT\'s brake system together!

I've set up mine (96 RT/10) with the 38mm rears, SS lines all-around, and EBC greens. I'd be real gentle with the brakes at high speeds with the 40mm pistons - lock one of those up and you're in for a scare. I find the 38's are great (not too much pedal loss) and threshold braking is now a snap!

OP
OP
A

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Fletcher are you using the stock (or any) proportioning valve? From what I understand the 38s will still lock the fronts first and the 40s lock all four at the same time (clutch in)?
Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
A

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well, finally got the brake upgrades installed. The local shop did a great job - even hand torqued the wheel lug nuts when we were done. Driving home, I could discern significantly more brake power than I had before, even though I'm letting the rotors wear in a little before I bed the new pads. I think this is going to be a nice combination.

Stoptech slotted rotors and stainless lines.
40 MM rear caliper upgrade (stock proportioning valve unchanged)
Brakeman 3 pads all around.
Motul Dot 4 fluid.

Just ordered the Kumhos and getting psyched for the warm weather that's coming.
:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4