Getting serious about a SRT-10 purchase, but I'm 6'4" 250 any input?

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR has the exact same system as the regular SRT does so you will have to overcome the same hurdle with the seat lowering kit.

Thanks Mark, knew you would have the answer. If they did not place liability on the owner, I would have you relocate the module for me. Still am hoping for a factory fix.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Mark, knew you would have the answer. If they did not place liability on the owner, I would have you relocate the module for me. Still am hoping for a factory fix.
Get the 08, 09 if you want it. Here are some photos to make the 1" seat lowering kit work. I did not change any of the wiring, just lowered the main modual 2" and bolted the air bag sensor to solid steel under the seat so its 100% active all the time. I also trimmed some metal off the brackets as noted in 2 spots so the seat front to back lever adjuster still operates.

Reaction score
It can be done I just hate being the one. I have been assured that the airbag will still work but you need to keep the seat in the farthest back position to protect you or other drivers from possible injuries.

OP
OP
B

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I take it the airbag issues only apply to 2008s and 2009s? I'm leaning toward keeping my Z06 (put way too much time/effort into the car) and getting a red '03 or '04 for low 40s next year.

Lets hope (for my sake) that Dodge doesn't stop making the Viper so it stays in my current price range.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok another thing to think about besides the seat if your buying a gen 3 that has 510 horsepower a z06 depending on the year could have 505 hp stock and you said its "heavily modded" so it doesnt sound like 510 hp will be enough. You might want to look for an already supercharged viper or a gen 4 with 600 hp.

OP
OP
B

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ My Z06 is a C5 and it's a 2001 so it came with the 385 horse LS6. It's making about 440 rwhp now and I made it a targa top.

I'm not concerned about the power... I want the Viper for the looks and top down ability. It'll be a weekend toy/cruiser.

I'd slam it and put some HRE 542Rs on it and some Corsas and enjoy. If GM made a C6Z in targa they'd get my money, but I'd have to buy a 2008 because I love Jetstream Blue then pay about 11k for a targa conversion from Caravaggio, when I could just get a Viper that I've always had a desire to own for about 1/2 the price.

I don't buy new cars... I'll fine a cream puff '03 or '04.

OP
OP
B

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ I know this is a Viper forum, but I'm not really missing anything... my Z06 still puts a smile on my face and I have a Panoz GTRA as a track toy.

My cars are paid for and I don't have $45k laying around right now... have to decide if I want to put the Z06 up for sale, but that'll take awhile to sell as selling a heavily modded car always does. Plus this is a poor time to be selling cars.

Been trying to sell my '98 C5 track rat for under 16k for awhile now and have gotten very few hits. Many people are tightening up right now.

I'm going back and forth on putting my car up for sale and seeing what it'll bring and getting in a SRT-10 by spring/summer next year.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Many of us actually prefer the Gen2 vipers. The Gen 2 seats also have umbar airbags for comfort. I've driven mine cross-continent twice now and look forward to a Forida trip next summer (8,000mi.+). I find the vettes boring and uncomfortable.

Put 22,000mi. on this Viper since Aug 07. Love the supercharger!!! and the 20mpg.

Ted

OP
OP
B

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ I find that Gen2 cars have worse headroom for me and I can't stand the pedal configuration... no dead pedal stinks. That said, I haven't been in one with a proper seat lowering setup.

I want open air and the rear end of the RT/10 doesn't do it for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960