Getting the itch...

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am Viperless for the first time in 13 yrs. I am getting the itch for an 06 Coupe given the good pricing. Should I do this or wait for the 08 and pay big $$?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am Viperless for the first time in 13 yrs. I am getting the itch for an 06 Coupe given the good pricing. Should I do this or wait for the 08 and pay big $$?

Oh gosh...that's a biggie!!! Well....as you are already aware, the '06 prices will be coming down very quickly....then there's the issue of what you WANT in the Viper???
The '08 sounds heavenly--perfect exhaust/engine/PS2s, no mods needed really...the '06? Well, probably removal of the crossover (tho I still say it's truly a work of ART!!)...for the heat issue....I'm sure you can get some really good deals tho for the '06's....probably figure out what you really WANT in a Viper--tracking it? Just street? Lots to think about there...good luck in your search! Hope you become NON-viperless again soon! ~juli~

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh gosh...that's a biggie!!! Well....as you are already aware, the '06 prices will be coming down very quickly....then there's the issue of what you WANT in the Viper???
The '08 sounds heavenly--perfect exhaust/engine/PS2s, no mods needed really...the '06? Well, probably removal of the crossover (tho I still say it's truly a work of ART!!)...for the heat issue....I'm sure you can get some really good deals tho for the '06's....probably figure out what you really WANT in a Viper--tracking it? Just street? Lots to think about there...good luck in your search! Hope you become NON-viperless again soon! ~juli~

Juli... Such a complicated thought process you posted. See mine, the simple "I'm a man making manly decisions" post.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought an 06' because of the good pricing on what is left. I would only purchase one with the window sticker and no miles. Mine had 4mi. on it. They are all going to have a couple of miles on them, but I didn't want to buy even a slightly used one because I wanted to be the one to put the 500-1000 break in miles on the car. I understand that the 08' pricing is the same if not cheaper than the 06' sticker but I don't know what and if the dealer will mark it up any. You certainly won't get as good of a deal on an 08' as you would an 06'. I have also heard that the 06' is more mod friendly so you can certainly get 600hp out of the 06' if that is what you are looking for. If I do get the urge for an 08' I can alway's trade mine in for one down the road. I am also curious how the new technology for the engine,tranny, and rear is going to be. I really am not too fond of the new hood either, but that might grow on me over time. It all comes down to personal preference and decision but it can't hurt to hear some opinion's to help you decide.

V

Venomiss

Hmmmm...what to do, what to do.
In a perfect scenario:
Buy the 06,
become a VCA member,
buy raffle tickets for the 08,
win the car!
Then decide which one to keep.:D

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buy a 06, throw a paxton on it, some motons and PS2's, for less then a 08 and alot faster then a 08. Plus you will be lower too. :D

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second MikeR on that!! Wait till they come out with a supercharger kit for the 08, work out all the kinks in the first year or two... then buy one. For now, pick up a 06 and mod the hell out of it and be faster and still cheaper than an 08!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine