Gimme an easier way to check my overflow bottle

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a pain in the *** to check the fluid level under certain conditions. Would someone please develop a simple kit with a light source that you could attach to the outside of the over flow bottle (by working through the access hole) and that would "T" in with the fog light, on that side of the fascia, so that I could see the coolant level in bright daylight by just turning on the fog lights? You should be able to install it in under 10 mins.
Thanks

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best way is to wait until it is dark or cover windows in garage. Putting a small flashlight right against the tank when it is dark allows you to see the coolant level.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I carry a 5 LED Inova BLUE light that does well day or night showing the level of the Mopar 3 year formula green coolant (factory fill on Gen I and II cars).

If bthere is "scale" on the bottle, I use a 12 v Snap-On UV light...50 watts.

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you check the overflow bottle? I know it is behind the front fascia on the left hand side when facing the front of the car. Where do you shine the light at? I tried locating the bottle and could not find it. Do you need the hood open to see it?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
First, take a damp rag and clean the vertical viewing "slit" on the fender well splash guard just about even with the inner edge of the right front tire. Next, remove the 4" rubber "porthole" cover that is on the splash guard behind the foglight area. THEN, place one of the 2 lights that I mentioned above against the bottle's surface (it resides just out of sight at the left edge of the "porthole")...expect to see day-glow green fluid below with purple above in the empty space. If you have trouble...call me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960