Going bonkers waiting for delivery of my 1st Viper!

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So you all may remember, I flew from N. CA to St. Louis to look at an 03 SRT; loved it and bought it. Paperwork took 2 longs weeks and then on November 17, I hired Passport to deliver my viper. Spoke with Gary Almond, but he could not do it because of his recent health. Passport said pick-up within 1-3 weeks. I said that long? They said it will probably be no where near that long....usually within a week. Now, it's been 2 weeks and one day already, and they have no pick-up date yet. They now change their attitude and say that they have 1 more week. Even if they do pick it up by next Friday, it will take them 1-3 weeks again to get it to San Jose, CA. That will take it all the way through Christmas!!!! OMG!!! I should have just flown to St. Louis and then drive back then. I'm going nuts with the wait, guys!!!!

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but at least you can drive during the winter. Many of the board cannot drive again until spring.

Hoping you get it soon.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay for the gas and the flight back and I can have it there within a week... ;) Congrats on your soon-to-be SRT-10!

kmg99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Uh oh, these replies are starting to remind me of the classic movie "Vanishing Point". If I remember correctly it was coast to coast delivery of a hemi challenger (or cuda possibly) by a hired driver. The police tried to catch him...but the hemi was too strong. A dj fed him regular updates about the police over the radio. I think it ends with the car crashing into the blade of a CAT D8 dozer going 100+ MPH.

Better not let it happen to the Viper.

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i flew out to phoenix and bought mine and drove it back to san diego, only 450 miles, but i wasnt waiting for it to get delivered and even if i did what if it has a scratch on it somewhere, no thanks, go get the car and trailer it or drive it back

OP
OP
V

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, my GPS says it is 2600 miles away, and now, most of the midwest has snow already or may have snow. I should have done this 2 weeks ago. Oh well. Anyway, I placed the order with Passport and they have until Friday by contract to ship. If not, then I may cancel. If I cancel, I'm the one breaching the contract, and they may not refund me anything.

japon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AZ car

Vipersrt10,
I sent you a pm.
Vincent,
I have forseen that with the transport companies. The wait would be unbearable.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should be able to find other transport companies that can get it to you sooner if Passport fails to come through. And as far as driving it out there, I actually could do it for you if you were interested... :2tu:

OP
OP
V

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, Y2k5srt, you really would do it? I am really impressed with the people on this forum. When I was in the process of buying it, I got countless support and help from the forum. Nascardave actually introduced me to the owner, and Pjb confirmed any hesitation I had by letting me know he has been the tech that has worked on this srt since its "birth". Thank you very much. I am very touched. I may take you up on the offer. However, Passport only has 5 days left. Let's see what they say. You guys are the BEST!!!! :2tu: :usa:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm going bonkers trying to get rid of my truck so can purchase my first viper (navigator as in truck)

OP
OP
V

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Going bonkers waiting for delivery of my 1st Viper! UPDATE

Ok, I called today, Monday, and have received good news that it is on its way already, and will be here between 7 and 12 business days. That is all the way through the end of next week. Oh, well, it's better than nothing!!!! I actually expected them to wait until the very last day to begin the process!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960