Going to Detroit Sat for NAIAIAIAS, anyone else from here going?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost all the VCA Presidents were there last Saturday. Hugely comprehensive show.

The three Vipers (Red Coupe, Dark red vert and gunmetal grey Mopar Concept). The area was mobbed all day with camera phones held up in the air like lighters at a rock concert.

Looks like all the major car manufacturers are making serious strides in updating their lines. The choices in available rides is astounding.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was going to go, think I am gonna wait and go to the Chicago show

hoping to see the Viper with all the bolt-on's

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been there 3 times since 1/7. Got a little sick of it. I've had my share for the year.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are shots of the three Vipers shown in the Dodge exhibit:

Viper_4.JPG

They were crammed in the back of the exhibit, so the lighting and angles are not too good!

Viper_32.JPG

I never understand Dodge's marketing. In contrast to the three locked Vipers crammed in the back of the exhibit, Chevy had a ZO6 right out front of their exhibit with a long line of showgoers taking turns sitting in it and soaking up the aura. Close by they had a C6 convert that they were using for a prop for people to get free pictures taken -- the line was out the door.

Viper_5.JPG

When you've got something this hot to show, why don't you really show it off?!! I was leaving the show and a couple of teen age kids saw my Viper brochures and asked me where that car was in the show. They said that they had been at the show all day and thought that they had seen every car on the floor, but they hadn't seen the Vipers. Beats me why Dodge wants to hide them!! :p

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're trying to use the grocery store marketing strategy. Put the milk in the back of the store so you have to walk through everything else to get to it.

OP
OP
C

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was going to go, think I am gonna wait and go to the Chicago show

hoping to see the Viper with all the bolt-on's

Well, I just got back and it was a great show. The "Viper with all the bolt-on's" was also there...and it's awesome. There was a DC man in front with a digital camera offering to take free pics of you in front of the grey special edition car ( the one with 675 HP and asymetric red stripe) and it was very crowded around the Vipers as can be imagined.

BTW, can someone tell me what is the switch with the flip-up red safety guard??? poitioned above the red 'starter" button?...to fire the jato pack? :headbang:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a money thing they rent/lease the whole area where DCX cars are located and can arrange cars any way they want within that space. Though you would think a "halo" car would have a much more prominent position than stashed in a dark corner like your crazy uncle! :p

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A response I heard was that Dodge was worried that if they put the Viper out front, the crowds would block many people that wanted to look at the other cars.

I went by the Viper display 3 times, and every time it was mobbed. So many people it was hard to get a clear shot of the cars.

The entire DC display was very crowded with people. The Jeep exhibit was fantastic with Jeeps bolted onto rocky walls behind the Vipers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang