Gooseneck trailer

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought an F250 V10 4X4 for trailering horses. It already has a regular tow hitch from the factory and I am getting ready to install a gooseneck hitch for a horse trailer. I have been looking around for a 24' trailer and mostly finding std hitch pulls for about $4500. Do you know anybody that makes 24' gooseneck trailers and how much are they? I hear you need a beavertail ramp for a Viper.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haulmark does offer a 28' Goosneck for $9800.

But agreed with above. Not sure if you will find a 24' with goose. 5th wheel maybe a little easier, but goose.......

Robert

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen a gooseneck in a 24 footer and I've never seen a 5th wheel (RV type) on any kind of car trailer. You'll probably have to go up in size. Gooseneck is definitely the way to haul cars. It doesn't "buck" or "porpoise" like a tag trailer hitch does.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5th wheel RV style is for sure available. Our old 44' Interstate was one.

Also an option for most of Haulmarks. They give you a choice between 5er or gooseneck.

Robert

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you are looking for/getting the right length trailer. Most goosenecks come with the front section included in the length description, so a 24' gooseneck generally only has a 16' box. For reference, my 32' gooseneck has a 24' box plus the 8' forward section. I think that length works great for hauling a Viper or normal size car, although it makes it really tight to squeeze a 3/4 ton 4x4 quad-cab in there.

Also, I love my B&W turnover ball hitch. I get the benefit of a flat bed when not towing and it can be fitted with their companion hitch for pulling 5th wheels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi