Greg Good does it again [email protected] GEN 4

cerveza v10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1.62 6ft
[email protected] 1/8
8.894 1000ft
[email protected] 1/4

Big thanks to Gerg for all his hard work.... Its a 2010 acr with his ported heads and intake
On it . . .no cam stock bottom end.... m&m headders and on 19inch nitto nt05Ks....
Pump gas.... done at norwalk raceway park..... this was only the 2nd time out with the car
I still feel there is more in it..... driver is a little rusty!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.62 6ft
[email protected] 1/8
8.894 1000ft
[email protected] 1/4

Big thanks to Gerg for all his hard work.... Its a 2010 acr with his ported heads and intake
On it . . .no cam stock bottom end.... m&m headders and on 19inch nitto nt05Ks....
Pump gas.... done at norwalk raceway park..... this was only the 2nd time out with the car

Couple of questions to help define the results further.

1. What is the elevation where you did this?
2. Was all your aero installed during the run?

Impressive trap speed, btw. 60' is good too.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heads intake headers and tires? That's it? That's a smoking slip you have there!! Did you have full ACR aero too?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.62 6ft
[email protected] 1/8
8.894 1000ft
[email protected] 1/4

Very nice #s! What did the car dyno @?

OP
OP
C

cerveza v10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wing was off..... track is about 800 ft..... car will be put on the dyno again soon,hopefully
This coming week!

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cerveza v10-

Nicely done! This is impressive for ANY car, way to keep the original beasts (Gen 1-4) in the mix.

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that's a NA Gen IV record...congrats

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can certainly put me in the impressed category...I'd definitely like to know what your car puts down on the dyno too.

Two questions: what date and approximate time did you run this time? If you have those two data points, it is pretty easy to get the approximate DA for your runs.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't call the driver "rusty" with that 1.62 60ft.

Congrats. Very impressive time, and most importantly, great trap speed. That is testimony to a very healthy output from that V10 mill. Greg Good does magic with these OEM castings. Those M&M headers are also apparently doing a great job in the exhaust department.

OP
OP
C

cerveza v10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow... a record would be nice..lol.... I had the car out last night... oct 3 at 725pm
The m&m headders do work very well, it also has their complete exhaust system on
It......I left at 1750 and just drove it out..... track prep was perfect last night!!! Again I
Could not have done this w/out greg good... just a stand up guy in the industry..
I have done all the work myselfon the car, so thanks for all the nice words!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What tire pressure worked best for you? Burnout or not? I have problems with my Viper trying to wheelhop if I burnout, so I just avoid doing them now.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From DragTimes:

Norwalk Raceway Park: 849 feet (actual altitude)
DA @ 6:53PM - 1225 ft
DA @ 7:53PM - 1154 ft

Not bad conditions, but certainly not record setting conditions either.

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"rusty" lol. I wouldn't call the driver running that 1.62 60ft short, on 19inch nitto nt05K. Well done.. interested in the dyno numbers..

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you get any other runs in? Or did the track give you guff about car prep and ET?

Also, I would be a bit careful of running those speeds without the rear wing and front aero still installed. I am unsure how it would exactly affect the car, but my thought is lack of rear down force and extra up front could get a bit hairy?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cerveza v10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran 19.2lbs in the rears an 55lbs in the fronts..... I am not running cats and about 2
MPH gain from taking the wing off..... and YES it does wiggle a bit! Loose is good .... I
Was able to get 3 runs in ...... one had driver error and the other was a 10.67....
Norwalk is a great track and they were happy to see my car there...."good for the show"
It is a top notch track for sure!

OP
OP
C

cerveza v10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No.... I did not run it before... wish I did now though! The car has
Only been down the 1/4 mile 6 times now.......

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice run that car has easy 10.40's in it, get the 60" in low 1.5's you are there. mph is incredible

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice run that car has easy 10.40's in it, get the 60" in low 1.5's you are there. mph is incredible

I would go even further than that. If he adds 3:55 gears to his car it could go 10.1-10.2s !!!! Also 19psi in the rears seems too much imo. Would drop it to 16psi and play a little bit with the tire pressure.

God, this cars could be going high 9s N/A with the perfect pass, mods and a few more goodies.. Only time will tell...:)

OP
OP
C

cerveza v10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do have the mopar PCM on the car.... to my knowledge there is still no way to tune the
GEN 4 cars yet..... I do feel there is a 40 in the car but that is about it .... the 10.56
Pass was not straight at all and the motor bogged a lot out of the gate..... I did try a lower
Tire pressure and it did not work with these tires...19.2 was the ticket for me....a dyno day
And one more track day hopefully before the snow flies!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 9 sec NA IV would be so sick.. Wonder how much the stock TB's and/or airbox are holding back at this power level.

challenger&viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do have the mopar PCM on the car.... to my knowledge there is still no way to tune the
GEN 4 cars yet..... I do feel there is a 40 in the car but that is about it .... the 10.56
Pass was not straight at all and the motor bogged a lot out of the gate..... I did try a lower
Tire pressure and it did not work with these tires...19.2 was the ticket for me....a dyno day
And one more track day hopefully before the snow flies!

Wow, I wish that I become as rusty as you. LOL.
Congrats that is verey impressive.

Do you have after market light weight clutch or stock clutch ?
I heard a light weight clutch will help you overcome the bogging and will get you out of the gate faster.
Google BBG light weight clutch and get an idea :)

Again, congrats .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala