Greg Good Heads make incredible power 109HP more!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked my car up last night after having all mods installed, except the Roe SC and the power this thing makes is incredible. Greg says these heads are the best stock castings he has ever done and by the way this thing accelerates I believe him, but then these heads are flowing 32% more than stock on intake and 30% more than stock on exhaust. Greg also opened up the bowls on these to reduce the compression to 9.1 so as to optimize my car for the ROE SC installation. I think I am going to have the most powerful ROE SC car out there! Now if I can only find a dynojet close to me.

Steve

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds great!! Keep us posted on your progress. Try to dyno before and after the Roe SC. I am very interested to see the gains from the SC on a heads/cam car b/c I will have similar mods.

Are you planning to run a smaller pulley and more than 5 lbs. of boost??

Did Greg sell you the heads direct or thru TNT?

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthony - 98 GTS:

Did Greg sell you the heads direct or thru TNT?

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HMMMMMMMMM I think Greg is checking with his legal council
for a correct answer.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anthony - 98 GTS

Greg Good did the heads, I paid Roy at TNT for them. I also got my T&D'd and camshaft from ROY. I originally approached Greg and he sent me to Roy.

HP - What you talkin about?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the story, it is unfortunate when people have to fight for the right to earn a living, but Greg and Roy are a great team.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HP:
Just an inside joke!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HP: Heh Heh Heh....What can I say. I didn't realize that ordeal was common knowledge. Yes, it is a shame that I had to fight a legal battle in order to use MY intellectual knowledge, that I learned through MY R&D program, on MY flowbench, in MY shop, on MY time, to make a living. I can port heads for anyone I please, and a partner at Andrews & Kurth here in Houston makes sure of that. But Hey.....no hard feelings towards anyone. Life's too short.

Edmonton GTS: I'm glad that you're pleased with the head and cam package. I'm waiting with abated breath to hear what the car makes on a DynoJet.

Anthony: I'll be glad to talk to anyone directly if they have any questions about flow, or anything else technical. The heads are sold through TNT. I choose to do that because those guys are like brothers to me, I consider them to be good people, and we support one another.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,

Sounds good to me. I went to high school with Roy and Joe here in H-town. Great guys.

Do you do your head work at their shop or do you have your own place? I would like to introduce myself when I stop by sometime.

Will you be at the Houston Viper club meeting on the 26th??

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received the flow numbers on my Greg Good heads and they BLOW the competition away, by almost 40 cfm.
Anybody that is even thinking of headwork should seriously consider Greg as you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that knows more about viper heads than him and the numbers prove it!

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EdmontonGTS:
Just got back from a dyno pull on a mustang M250 dyno and the increase is 109 HP and 126 TQ

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no way!! thats awesome.. how much were the heads? are these the stage 4's on tnt's website?

- eddie -

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
edmontonGTS,

i just read your signature and realized you were strapping a sean roe blower to that gts of yours.. what are you making at the wheels with your current mods plus the heads? i'm going to guess 560 rwhp.. slap on the roe blower at 5 psi and you should be up in the 700 rwhp range, correct? what kind of gas do you have up there in canada?

- eddie -

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Eddie,

Yes, these are stage 4 heads with a little bit more put into them. Greg new in advance about my ROE SC and optimized these for a blower, so once the blower is on watch out!

As for price these heads are not cheap but then you get what you pay for, it would be unfair to tell you what I paid as the price included stock castings with no exchange. These are not 42 HP heads these are works of art and flow like crazy. Greg is one of the first guys to ever port viper heads and may very well be the first guy. I personally think he is the best viper head porter alive and I my heads prove it!

Any questions about head porting ? You can reach him at &lt;[email protected]&gt;

Reaction score
I got my first set of heads from TNT. Their heads and cam package made about the same. Right at 110 RWHP more than before. There are a lot of great things that TNT is working on right now. I took a peek around their shop the other day and they are working on some new items for the viper world. Anyone looking for some great engine work might want to give them a call.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie,
Our gas ranges from 91-93 octane, which I'm quite sure will work just fine with the blower and a few misc. fuel system upgrades that Sean is busy perfecting. For power I expect somewhere around 700-750rwhp with the blower, my cam is more of a blower cam but is still makig good power already.

Albert,
Your right TNT has a lot of good things happening and boy are they busy. i actually expect some better numbers from this package as this last pull was on a mustang dyno which puts about 2000lbs of load on your car, a pull on a 248 is next week!

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a great improvement. So what is the total power your car is making on the dyno? Looks like you have heads, cam, rockers, TBs, headers and exhaust, and computer tuning at this point.
Good Luck and HAVE FUN!

-W

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me make a wild guess as to what the RWHP is on this car. I have seen many cars come out of this shop with the same mods and cam. Most cars are making 540RWHP but if this car was done to optimize the Roe S/C then it may not even be making that. Lets see what the dyno says.......

Mark H.

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are these the same heads that are purported to make 500 rwhp with a STOCK cam? If so, I've got to try these on my genI. Any ideas what I could expect as far as hp with 1 3/4 headers and 3" exhaust?

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to TNT's site, the Stage 4 heads do not need a core exchange, as they are made with a new casting (mopar?). So, if you were to post the pricing, wouldn't it be "fair", as the core exchange issue you noted would be the same for everyone?

Why is everyone so quiet about the prices they pay for tuning? Are these not consumer products? I have even heard some people are not "allowed" to say what the pay. What? It just means anyone interested has to go to the trouble of calling all the tuners and inquiring about the prices. Why is this so? It just seems odd to me, and I'd be interested to hear the reason it goes on for. No flame intended, I'd really like to know.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miles, I think the main reason is because most of these tuners are not like Wal-Mart. That is, rather than having prices that are set in stone, many of them run specials at various times or will negotiate off their "regular" prices. Lots of factors could determine what these small businesses charge at any given time, including their current wholesale cost for the product, the current size of their inventory, their cash flow situation, etc. So prices people pay for the same thing from the same vendor can vary, and this makes some people reluctant to post prices. I think most posters will tell you if you e-mail or pm them though.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd still like to get an idea of what this head.. uh.. job.. is worth. 5 grand? 10? Many of the tuners do list prices for their packages as well, such as BTR, and the TNT Serpent packages.

Reaction score
In our case, it depends on what you want done. We use ferrea valves which are custom made, and other high quality parts. The cost of porting & valves on my heads alone are about the same as some tuners charge total. If you are planning on doing head work you might want to find out what they are using.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miles B, I guess TNT should update their website as the Mopar heads are no longer available. These heads are stage 4+ and flow over 310 cfm. I bought a set of used castings through TNT and then had this job done. It would be hard to guess what a set of castings would cost you as they are getting short on supply but you can always just use your own heads. If you phone Roy at TNT he will give you a price or as Ronnie says email me and I'll tell you what I paid.

Albert Chlouber, You Sir are quite correct, you get what you pay for when it comes to quality head jobs, and personally I would rather pay $6-$7K for heads that give me 100HP than$4K for heads that maybe give me 40HP. I fyou don't maximize your HP potential with each upgrade then you will have to make up for it later or with another upgrade which might cost you alot more than a quality head job.

LTHL VPR and 9secRT a dyno pull on a 248 dynojet is coming this week, this seems to be the dyno of choice for viper owners and the pulls I have done so far are on a MD-250 Mustang Dyno which calculates HP differently than a Dynojet dyno...MD Dyno's usually alway show much smaller #'s than Dynojets since they are trying to simulate load under acceleration where a dynojet is just calculating HP by measuring how fast you can accelerate their large 2700lb drum. I like dynojets better as they are easier on your car and tire grip their larger drums better. i just use the MD Dyno cause there is one close to me and for tuning and comparison runs it works fine.

Steve

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Haven't talked to you since you sold me my headers and cat back last April. Everything in my signature is now done except for the ROE SC which should be in next week. I did the cam, heads, rockers all at the same time and also the new 70 mm Acufabs.

Steve

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
21CENTURYMUSCLECARS,
Here is how the flow sheet reads..lift first # and second# is flow as measured on a superflow 600 at 28" water.
INTAKE
200 - 133cfm
300 - 203cfm
400 - 253cfm
500 - 287cfm
600 - 312cfm
EXHAUST
200 - 122cfm
300 - 170cfm
400 - 202cfm
500 - 220cfm
600 - 228cfm

Above 600 the #'s keep climbing but since my cam has a lift of slightly less than .600 the numbers above are less relevant but usefull if I find I want a more powerfull cam.

MIKE ADAMS...My blower ships today!!

Steve

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Numbers look impressive. We were amazed at how much power modified heads add to the Viper. Sounds like you are living proof of that! Your numbers seem in line with what have seen. Usually around 140rwhp+ with heads and proper cam.

With the Roe S/C your car will scream. What were you planning to do for fuel delivery and computer tuning to supply all this power?
Have fun and stay grounded!!!!
-Wayne

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne,

Thanks for the encouragement, it is always nice to get positive feedback from someone of your stature in the viper community. For the fuel, Sean is working on a complete solution, computer controlled, you know like a motec only user friendly. If that doesn't pan out I plan on doing the same as the other Supercharger tuners have by adding a secondary fuel system or increasing the pump pressure and regulating with a high end fuel regulator, crude but it will work till a complete management system comes along. Do you have any suggestions? I know you do a lot of this sort of thing on mustangs and now with your insane HP vipers your probably dabbling into a bit of viper fuel management yourself.

Steve

PS. I think your right about the 140 HP gain the 109 HP gain I saw was on a MD-250 Dyno and they usually read 25% lower than a dynojet does. On the MD-250 my max torque on roller was 644.8 @4700rpm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960