GT3-R

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet Car! Probably over 1/2 mil with the options included. Man this new SRT Brand is trying to be Ferrari-ish in the prices. This sinches it, the next ACR WILL surely be over $200k. Just crazy stuff!

IMO, the ARC will not go that high because it will be GTS based not GTS-R based. BIG difference. Check the Porsche pricing on their GT-3 vs any of the street performance models even the turbo. The ARC may have a lot of the body styling of the GTS-R and some performance upgrades but it is not going to be race car based. :2tu:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a purely aesthetic viewpoint that car is stunning and the colors are perfection.
PLEASE make a street legal ACR version of that. Sign me up!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one commenting on the paddle shifters... interesting.

I doubt this is the maximum power the engine is capable of, but a decent evolution given the time and cost constraints.
Well, it is only 2800 lbs. The added paddle shifters would provide an obvious technical advantage. Looking at it realistically, the paddle shifters are done and can be added to a horsepower that is higher than the standard car. This is a purpose built car. A fantastic thing to produce when SRT has to play second fiddle to other portions of the company.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The appearance of the car is "Viper mean". I like it. The tranny in the GTSR car cost 50K. That tranny will never find its way into an ACR street version. But, it seems to me that the visual appearance of the car is spot on for an ACR version with the changes needed to make it street legal.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one commenting on the paddle shifters... interesting.

I doubt this is the maximum power the engine is capable of, but a decent evolution given the time and cost constraints.

The paddle shifters are the result of including the rear mounted Xtrac six-speed sequential transmission as part of the package. Same transmission as the GTS-R and the Corvette C6R and other race cars. SRT was given a special variance by the rules committee to utilize these transmissions. Also changes the weight balance considerable: remove front trans weight and add weight at rear axel.:2tu:

Ev1E9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the ACR will have a dry-sump oiling system?

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a beautiful machine. I am not a fan of solid white but if GTS blue was a stripe option, I would order a order a white/GTS blue GTS or ACR

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My werd. Showing it in that color scheme makes me see ACR. Keep the rear the same and narrow the front a couple of inches and you will have the ultimate American exotic.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Now that I am home and can see this in full resolution... wow...

I've been on the fence about the GenV - it looks so much better
than the Gen3, but the electronics are a huge turn-off. If they
use this as the mold for the ACR it very well may be my next
viper.

Gunman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The paddle shifters are the result of including the rear mounted Xtrac six-speed sequential transmission as part of the package. Same transmission as the GTS-R and the Corvette C6R and other race cars. SRT was given a special variance by the rules committee to utilize these transmissions. Also changes the weight balance considerable: remove front trans weight and add weight at rear axel.:2tu:

GT-3 doesn't have the rear mounted gearbox.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the more I think about this car...it sure makes the current ACR/ACR-X look like one heck of a deal. Just sayin...pricewise. Great car, and I applaud the entry to the 'team' but is it priced too high?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I was just trying to compare it to the earlier factory race cars yesterday and saw a similar price differential. However, the original GTS-R (the race version I assume, not the special edition road version), sold for $375k new back in the day. That seems to put this price more in line given the inflation over the years. The Comp Coupe and ACR-X are really more stripped down road cars with cages, whereas the GTS-R and GT3-R are ground up race cars designed to compete in a large variety of classes.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meeting Ralph in the SRT Tent at Le mans, I did ask the question if we could have GT3-R as a road car?

The reply came back that it is too wide for a road car :( Have to say it made the road car outside the tent look very plane :(

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Likely an intake for the helmet blower. Run the fresh air through the cool tank (or probably electric A/C unit) and then into the helmet. The body cooling is usually done with fluid. Looks pretty sweet though!!!
Might be a driver cooling kind of setup. Forced air into the seat or for a liquid cooled vest heat exchanger maybe?

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful machine! Going into limited production or just a concept? Knew paddle shifters were inevitable. Going backwards? back to the manual tranny in the gen V has been lots of fun actually...you feel like you're really driving the car. Its fun to wind paddles too and I'd try/buy either.

The color choices are fantastic and the big wing is nothing short of outstanding! That price is aventador range....and honestly, I think i like it better!! There'll be fewer of them and it really looks the part. Question is does it sound the part and perform the part....though I suspect it does!!

This brand is moving in the right direction. Hit a couple of bumps in the road with first year new production but perhaps there's great stuff to come. This price range and quality car is marketing even a different kind of consumer than the Gen V purchaser....interesting. Ok SRT here's a challange then...can you come in the middle? There are consumers out there that would never spend 1/2 mill on a car but could justify spending 1/4 mill on one. Maybe new ACR-X would fit this category or a "Super Stryker" model? In the mean time, the gev V GTS is just plenty...and the price point of 130's loaded up still is far enough out of 5 figures and the production limited enough wherein every Tom Dick and Harry wont/cant have one like the corvette. So far so good!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully you're not serious and don't actually think SRT is building a half a million dollar street car right?
What a jokester.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the ACR will come in around 140-150

TA hits the 120 mark. 20-30k more they can do more CF within the car and can possibly do paddles. I think the faster shifting is going to be a big key to it holding ring titles in the future.

Maybe a bit rich for the blood of some, but expensive toys are just getting more expensive.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah yeah i know...but imagine being able to have that bad boy on the public road? btw the GTS-R just finished 25th overall and near top of its class; 3:57 as a best lap which I found pretty impressive!!

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meeting Ralph in the SRT Tent at Le mans, I did ask the question if we could have GT3-R as a road car?

The reply came back that it is too wide for a road car :( Have to say it made the road car outside the tent look very plane :(

Weird about the width comment, since the Aventador is 3.5" wider than the Gen V. Not that the Lambo is svelte, but it means the Gen V could be even wider if SRT wanted to do it.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird about the width comment, since the Aventador is 3.5" wider than the Gen V. Not that the Lambo is svelte, but it means the Gen V could be even wider if SRT wanted to do it.

We've been saying that for a while, but SRT has a habit of dumb excuses sometimes...(I.E. exploding CC brakes, car width, etc...)

If the ACR is this wide, it will sell out, period. We don't have to make up regulations that don't exist just because SRT doesn't want to do it. Maybe Sergio said it can't be as cool as the F12.....

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've been saying that for a while, but SRT has a habit of dumb excuses sometimes...(I.E. exploding CC brakes, car width, etc...)

If the ACR is this wide, it will sell out, period. We don't have to make up regulations that don't exist just because SRT doesn't want to do it. Maybe Sergio said it can't be as cool as the F12.....

I agree. Even if they don't use the GTS-R body for the ACR they could just add 1.5-2 inches to the front/rear body work respectively, adjust the offset of the wheels to compensate for the added width and bam instant GTSR-esque looks while still coming in under SRT seemingly mythical 80" taboo width.

BTW the Aventador with the mirrors included is 89" wide :omg:. Without mirrors included the Aventador 79" wide which is around where the Viper would be if SRT widened it 1.5 and 2" front/back bodywork respectively for the upcoming ACR. The Murcielago was 81" wide without mirrors so not sure of this regulation Ralph speaks of.

Last edited: