gtech pro problems

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased the lastes gtech pro. When trying to calibrate the rpms I performed the correct procedure over and over again, however after calibrating and idling the car, it shows I'm at 3000 rpm, 800 when I touch the gas, well over 7000 when driving normally. This has caused all radings, hp, 0-60, etc, to be way off, like 2 sec 0-60 and 1400 hp, can anyone help.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That means you have too clean of a voltage signal. You may get better if you connect it directly to the fuse block. That happens to me with a 300C in that the power outlet is a clean power source and eliminates the high frequency signal from the alternator. Do you have it plugged in to the console outlet or the dash (closer to the dash) outlet? It may make a difference.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Note the lack of a engine speed signal will only affect the horsepower graph and the rpm vs time. All other graphs are time based.

OP
OP
J

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard something like that on DC cars. How would I connect directly to the fuse block? I was connecting it to the power source inside the center console.
as far as affecting time it was still way off.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the console outlet in front of the emergency brake.

If you upload the data taken you will see that the acceleration, velocity and distance versus time graphs are all okay. If they are not something else is wrong. I have used it on cars with noise suppresant electrical outlets where no rpm signal could be obtained. But it did not matter as I was not interested in the rpm graphs.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like GTEch thinks you have a 5 cylinder car, and not 10. Common problem with some aftermarket tachs and shiftlights. Adjust the "calibration" to get your idle correct and all else should fall into place.

OP
OP
J

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's the problem, I can't adjust the calibration. It's been raining so I will try the suggestion of trying the other power source this weekend. I'd realy like to get it to work because I will be maikng some mods this weekend as well.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper SRT, any ideas if the G-Tech pro really accurate ? track near me is not ready yet so im thinking trying G-Tech pro! thanks

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the competition pro model and have been quite happy.

Note the gauge gets the engine speed from the alternator output frequency content in the dc voltage. You calibrate it at 2 points to define the signal frequency versus engine speed relationship. The problem occurs when the signal is not strong enough or is filtered. So far I have found the SRT to provide a good enough signal for mine.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have problems just relocate the power connection to somewhere that has an unfiltered signal (such as the fuse block (unswitched circuit) or the main terminals).

OP
OP
J

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron
I'm a little confused, how would I do this with the hardware provided. Do I cut off the adapter?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy a power outlet female with pigtails that will allow you to do it without ruining the adapter.