GTS Front License Plate

//M5Guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the front license distracts from the lines of the Viper and I'm in a state where you are supposed to have a front plate. I haven't seen any location in front for the plate I like and I don't want to interfere with the looks or cooling. I'm thinking of just keeping it inside the car and saying it just fell off if I'm pulled over. Has anyone been hassled by the police for not having a front plate or come up with a better solution?

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was pulled over and asked about it, I said I had just "left a show and forgot to put it on" - Got that tip from a local (thanks Mike!) - Cop didn't seem too concerned and I would swear he actually winked when he said "well, make sure you put 'er on, partner, ok?" There's a a link/pic somewhere for an add-on you can get but I'll wait until I get pulled over again before seriously investigating.

For those cops reading this that wanna harass me, I live in Atlanta :smirk:

Good luck with the GTS!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's been posts about this in the past. MA requires one, but I refuse to put it on my car. I bought the mount for it though from JonB at partsrack and only use the mount on the front of my car when I'm getting my registration. Otherwise, I leave the plate in my trunk. I've only gotten pulled over for it once, but all I said was that when I park my car I take it off and put it in the trunk, because it can be easily stolen. Not that someone would actually steel a license plate, but I guess it could happen if someone saw the plate on an easily removable mount and wanted to be an a$$hole.

^The above excuse about being at a car show is a good one too, but I wouldn't want to deal with lying anymore then I'd have to in case the cop asked "what car show" I was at(more than likely they wouldn't ask that lol). Unless you said something like a friend of yours was having a get together with some cars taking pictures and you forgot to put it back on before you left.

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pulled over last fall for no front plate and the resolution is great. A local Corvette club drated a legistaive bill for a single plat and it was approved 46 to 1 and signed by the governor. Will go into affect Jan 1 2013.

Bruce

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pulled over last fall for no front plate and the resolution is great. A local Corvette club drated a legistaive bill for a single plat and it was approved 46 to 1 and signed by the governor. Will go into affect Jan 1 2013.

Used to live in KC so I know your pain - Was let off that time, as well. He actually turned around on 70 to let me know the "law in MO"...what a joker and waste o' time!

The cycnic in me thinks the 1 was somehow sponsored by the "License Plate Manufacturers Association of Missouri".

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The better solution is get the rubber front plate holder, use as you want, from Jon at PartsRack. It works great, no paint damage, and snaps on/off in seconds. The pin heads aka HP in Texas will stop and ticket you usually without one.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Partsrack one too, but I think he is looking for something cleaner with is not possible. YOu can try taking a copy of Nebraskas bill LB-216 and submit it to your state. Add a fee around a front plate deletion. There is always a demand for money form the govt.

Bruce

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I keep my partsrack version in the trunk with a license plate and mention that I took it off to wash the car. Got off twice with that story!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Partsrack one too, but I think he is looking for something cleaner with is not possible. YOu can try taking a copy of Nebraskas bill LB-216 and submit it to your state. Add a fee around a front plate deletion. There is always a demand for money form the govt.

Bruce

I would be interested to do that in Virginia but they are communist, I mean commonwealth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang