GTS or RT10 Questions - an SRT10 owner coming back!

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 12 months ago I sold my yellow SRT10 Viper and took a muscle car break (I was previously Turbo63 and picked up my 05 SRT10 from Bill at Woodhousee). Now I am back and with spring around the corner in the hunt for another Viper. This time out I think I will look at the more traditional Viper models i.e. GTS and RT10. I really like the RT10's looks and the ability to drive open air. Premier Sports Cars has a 2002 yellow RT10 with less then 900 miles on it that looks pretty interesting. Now to the question... has anyone had experience with Premier Sports cars and in terms of overall collectability/ rareness is the RT10 or the GTS more desireable from a collector or value perspective? When investigating either model are there "things" I should be aware of or pay close attention to? Thanks and it feels good to be back!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know anything about Premier, but I did notice Woodhouse has a used 01 or 02 Yellow RT/10. It's listed in the classifieds.

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi

Things to look for in regards to Viper are,

gaps between the body panels,, open and close the hood(hood should stay open ie good springs) check the hood gaps along the headlights and doors (check weather stripping usually the ones on the driverside wears out etc. make sure no rubbage

alot of Vipers front fascias are repainted, one way to check is to see if the 3M left and right tape is still on the bottom, most people don't order new ones. Also 3M tape on the front of the sidesills. Also 3M tape along the rollbar for the RT/10

Visable factory stickers, hand written in pen should be one the inside of the hood,truck lid, and inner wheel wells, unless the car has been driven in the rain or removed (washing etc?

If the rear bumper three grooves along the bottom are same color(paint) the bumper has been painted, they came in a flat grey/black)

In regards to a RT check the rear window seal,, they usually dry out and need to be replaced, alot easier said then done..

Along with plenty of other Viper related things to check,,, the obvious, carfax, mechanic inspection, compression test, diagnostic check (I think you can tell if the airbags have gone off)

I hope this helps in regards to things to look for when you buy a Viper,, also check the registry to see which Viper's are rarier then others..

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
IN MY OPINION...when buying a pre-owned Viper...buy it from a Dodge dealer (instead of a broker) so that you can also buy a factory backed used car extended warranty from D-C...which you may find is exceedingly valuable as this car ages !!

OP
OP
T

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got rid of the SRT10 for a 2006 BMW650i. I wanted to try something different and now the Bimmer is gone and I am sorry I traded the Viper. This time however I am interested in going more traditional. I like the SRT10 Viper but the GTS and the RT10s really have that freakish look to them. It appears Woodhouse has an 01 RT10 so I might call Bill again.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come crawling back don't ya?? :D I would say that eBay, Naples Motors, Bay State Motors, Bill P, and the classified here are all great starts. Good luck with your search.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Premier has some of the nicest cars I have ever seen.. Im sure if they are selling it retail, you have nothing to worry about... And 900 miles? Thats a brand new car.. go for it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper