H&R spacers (25mm) work with 09 6 Spokes????

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm pulling the trrigger on some 6 spokes from John B and having them Powdercoated Gloss black. I know that the 10 spokes have dimples in the back of the wheel that will work with these adapters, can anyone confirm if the stock 6 spokes have them as well? I hate the way they sit inboard on the car and wanted to use these?

F

FrgMstr

I would highly suggest against gloss black powder coat unless you are very familiar with what it looks like in person with a tire on the rim. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would highly suggest against gloss black powder coat unless you are very familiar with what it looks like in person with a tire on the rim. Just my 2 cents.

Talk to me Goose, whats the problem with gloss black? I am having them Cleared so they dont scratch, is that what you were referring to?

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a simigloss and love the way they look, no need to clear powdercoded wheel. The wheels are so simple to clean.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he's probably talking about how they outshine the tire...in a bad way

Gotcha, I either have to re-think it or keep Armor All in the trunk. Did any of you guys running 6 spokes happen to nitoce the dimples in the back of the wheel when you were mounting them?

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad, I had the wheels off this am and could have had a look at those dimple, sorry.
BTW I'm running 6mm spacers in back from JonB and I think that's max as at 25mm the tire will come out too far hit the top of the wheel arch when hitting a bump

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad, I had the wheels off this am and could have had a look at those dimple, sorry.
BTW I'm running 6mm spacers in back from JonB and I think that's max as at 25mm the tire will come out too far hit the top of the wheel arch when hitting a bump

I did a search and saw a picture of a red one and couldnt tell if they came past the wheel well, but it looked so much nicer than stock. H&R makes a 20mm one as well. I know John has the 3/8"s inch, but I dont think that will be a big enough difference for the money spent.

F

FrgMstr

Talk to me Goose, whats the problem with gloss black? I am having them Cleared so they dont scratch, is that what you were referring to?

With the gloss black PC on the wheels you run into two issues, well maybe you will like it, but it really puts me off. One like Hank pointed out is that the wheels stay much darker and shinier than the tires and I find it to loo really bad. Here are some shots I put together looking at the rotors but gives you several looks at the wheel from different angles. Mine are done in a FLAT BLACK finish. This leaves the surface of the wheel exceptionally smooth. Some others here have done MATTE finish on the PC wheels and this does not leave as smooth a surface, making it a bit harder to clean.

You must be registered for see images

If you keep the tires "wet" all the time you will likely never notice, but once they loose the shine or get some dust on surface of the tire, it can make the gloss finish combination look really odd.

Many of the personally done gloss black wheel jobs I have seen done also can look "plasticy." Hard to get PC perfectly smooth so there is almost always a little surface variation on the finish. The matte finish or flat color will remedy this as well.

My 2 cents, YMMV.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the gloss black PC on the wheels you run into two issues, well maybe you will like it, but it really puts me off. One like Hank pointed out is that the wheels stay much darker and shinier than the tires and I find it to loo really bad. Here are some shots I put together looking at the rotors but gives you several looks at the wheel from different angles. Mine are done in a FLAT BLACK finish. This leaves the surface of the wheel exceptionally smooth. Some others here have done MATTE finish on the PC wheels and this does not leave as smooth a surface, making it a bit harder to clean.

You must be registered for see images

If you keep the tires "wet" all the time you will likely never notice, but once they loose the shine or get some dust on surface of the tire, it can make the gloss finish combination look really odd.

Many of the personally done gloss black wheel jobs I have seen done also can look "plasticy." Hard to get PC perfectly smooth so there is almost always a little surface variation on the finish. The matte finish or flat color will remedy this as well.

My 2 cents, YMMV.

You make a good point here. I am really going to have to rethink the color. Your car and 1 other are the reason I chose this combo. I really wish my car was red (1st color choice), red on black looks so much better than black/black. Thank you for your input, I will be rethinking this.

Whats the difference between MATTE black and FLAT black, just the texture?

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is Bruce's car with the 6 spokes...gloss black. Don't know if he is running spacers.....my guess is not.
You must be registered for see images attach

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Looks like you might be OK with the 6 spokes and the 25mm spacer. I have those spacers on my Viper with the Stock 5 spokes and had to trim the wheel studs as the 5 spoke does not have the cut-out like I'm seeing on the 6 spokes in that ebay picture. Good luck.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you might be OK with the 6 spokes and the 25mm spacer. I have those spacers on my Viper with the Stock 5 spokes and had to trim the wheel studs as the 5 spoke does not have the cut-out like I'm seeing on the 6 spokes in that ebay picture. Good luck.

I'm going to order them. I just hope they dont stick the tires outside the wheel well?

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please post pics as soon as you get them installed. I too am thinking about going with 25mm spacers front and rear. Heck while your installing why dont ya bolt both spacers on one side of the car front and rear just to see how they fit the front also?

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a simigloss and love the way they look, no need to clear powdercoded wheel. The wheels are so simple to clean.

Allright, Glass black is a no go. Now heres my question-

Whats the difference between semi gloss, flat black and matte black? I was told I had to clear coat the gloss black because of scratching, would I have to clear the others?

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had a set of flat black on my gt 500 and I didnt like the way flat black stained over time, with the matte you can clean them all day long with out any problems. So far I have over 10k on the wheels and they still look brand new and so easy to clean. I found a place locally in dfw that did the job for me at 120 a wheel turn key dismount, balance, mounting and 24hr turn around.
i think FRgMSGR wheels do not look like my flat blacks did they look more like matteblack and I have seen the in person.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had a set of flat black on my gt 500 and I didnt like the way flat black stained over time, with the matte you can clean them all day long with out any problems. So far I have over 10k on the wheels and they still look brand new and so easy to clean. I found a place locally in dfw that did the job for me at 120 a wheel turn key dismount, balance, mounting and 24hr turn around.
i think FRgMSGR wheels do not look like my flat blacks did they look more like matteblack and I have seen the in person.

Yours are Semi Gloss black right? Isnt that the same as a Gloss black? I ordered the H&R spacers today, $339, this shi$ better work!

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a pic of my simigloss or matte.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a pic of my simigloss or matte.

I really like the Semi Gloss. Is it just less shiney that Gloss black? I think I will go with a semi gloss powdercoat.:headbang:

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
25mm spacers??? That's 1 inch thick! Don't do it!!!!!! Heck, you probably won't even be able to get a lug nut started on the threads.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
25mm spacers??? That's 1 inch thick! Don't do it!!!!!! Heck, you probably won't even be able to get a lug nut started on the threads.

Sorry, whould have made my post more clear. These are hub ADAPTERS, not spacers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh