Had one hell of a time at Southwest Zone Rendezvous!!!

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK YOU Chris, Mary, Jerry and everyone that was there for a great time!

Great turnout!
8227zone1-med.jpg

8227zone2-med.jpg

8227zone3-med.jpg

Couldn't believe how fast the SRT-10 was straight out of the box. Autocrossing it was a blast!!

8227zone4.jpg

Taking a small child out for a 120MPH spin was considered a good moral thing at the Rendezvous................thanks to Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America. :)

8227zone6.jpg

8227zone7-med.jpg

The Twin Turbo charged kit went for $17,000! A bargin considering it retailed at 25k.

8227Zone5-med.jpg

It was an amazing time with a great bunch of people. :2tu:

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went autocrossing with the Factory provided Vipers again today:

8227zone14-med.jpg

Porche Club Showed up:
8227zone13-med.jpg

Joe in his lotus:
8227zone12-med.jpg

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite part was driving on the Speedway. Gave my older brother a ride and I looked over to tell him we we're going 120 and it looked like his eyes were about to pop out of their sockets. I guess I got a little too close to the wall for him. Paybacks for all the times he scared me when we were younger.

We shot about 1200 pictures Dan so after I get the CD slideshow ready I'll get one to you.

The group picture came out pretty cool also. I have a hand full of the 10x15s left if anyones's interested email [email protected]

5842Zone_Group_photo.jpg

Tim

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that also Jerry that everyone you talked to was having a awesome time.

Thanks to Matt for taking a run in my bumblee bee so I could get some pictures of it. I don't feel so bad about getting beat by him by an 1/8 of a mile, since him and his Mcdonalds Viper got the 1st place trophy I believe.

5842Matt1.jpg

5842bumble_bee_2.jpg

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Times at the Dragstrip were rather slow,due to damn near 100 degree temps, with 90+% humidity. There was a 15-25 mph headwind gusting, so overall everyone ran as much as a second off the pace. Prep was just so-so , according to the knowledgeable, but everyone had alot of fun.

My wife and I went to the Ballgame, and enjoyed the A/C in the Suites provided by VCA and the Kansas City Region. Like everyone else stated, no matter where we were, I never talked to anyone who wasn't having a great time!!!!

Galyean took some super pictures and I highly recommend getting one of his group pictures if you missed picking one up at the event.

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I`ll Start 12.725 @115.48 stock srt It was one of the lower times I saw. Just wondering I heard the SRT paxton ran a 12.2 for the unlimited . Car#13 @5:34pm

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This event was more like a VOI than a Zone Rendezvous.

The Drag Strip was REAL slow. They were brushing and applying VHT but we could not hook up. It was just too darn hot out. Cars running 12.3 last year could not break into the 12's at all this day. All the times were slow. We had so many runs, the Drag Strip became a "unused track" the last 30 minutes of the night.

I enjoyed my NASCAR laps. This was a first for me. I ran 20 laps...it is HOT in those cars. Lots of fun.

I autocrossed for hours on end. We got a late start but there was more than enough time to run.

I think this Kansas City event might take over VOI !!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jerry might often be prone to exaggeration, but I am with him all the way on this one. This was more like a mini VOI than what many expected at a Zone Rendezvous, and Jerry was in there pitching hard for the Club too!!! He has a right to be proud, but more importantly he nailed the impression all of us had. Take into account that the weekend included for the small entry fee:
1. Breakfast, lunch , and banquet dinner.
2. Nascar driving experience.
3. Friday drag racing or baseball game socializing.
4. Goodie bags - with super neat stuff!!!
5. Pro Photographer on site to do group photo ( prints available that day )and special photos from the event.
6. Racing Limos ( Nascar styled Limosines ) to take us around the Complex in style.
7. T- Shirts for sale , compressed into the shape of a Comp Coupe.
8. A Charity Ride for Big Brothers and Big Sisters around Kansas Speedway.
9. Two Autocross courses with SRT-4s and SRT-10s provided by Daimler Chrysler.
10. The Carbon Fiber Coupe on display.
11. New Dodge Vehicles on display.
12. Dinner Banquet with a fantastic Auction ( many signed items and unique pieces donated by DC ) and a live band afterwards that was killer.
13. More Autocrossing for fun on Sunday, for the die-hards racers.
14. Awards at the Banquet for both the Autocross event and the Friday Drags.
15. Great Hotel choices from the Great Wolf Lodge and it's huge indoor Water Park to the Hampton Inn and it's reduced rates.
16. Special parking for Snakes inside the race garages.
17. Shared show car lunch , allowing the Winged Wonders Car Club showcase and parade their Superbirds and Charger Daytonas - unreal number of these old Muscle Machines and cool to see them driving around a Nascar track.
18. VCA and KC VCA negotiated for the Racing Experience to run for 1/2 price for Viper Club Members.
19. Tents , coolers, pop and water at all venues -- KC VCA thought about the extreme heat and they were prepared.
20. And, of course, a cash bar at the dinner!

PS - what blew alot of folk's minds was that you got entry fees, food/beverage coupons to use at the ballgame or the dragstrip, therefore reducing your outlay even more. The money to participate in this Grand Viper Party was very well spent!!
:headbang: :2tu: :headbang: :2tu:

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A picture of all the smelly and sweaty VCA members. Those who did not feel they needed to go to a hotel and shower. Even after 12 straight hours of autocrossing, racing around the speedway, and driving in 95 degree weather.

8227zone16-med.jpg

As you probably predicted shortly after this picture Brian passed out. :2tu:

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few more pictures
58424.jpg

58425.jpg

58428.jpg

A few extra Viper transmission pieces.

58429.jpg

584211.jpg

58422.jpg

DC cars were driven with extra care so they would be ready for the next event. :shocked:

58421.jpg

58423.jpg

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder why Chris Marshall hasn't posted any pictures or anything today. Maybe something really fun happened to him today.

This ought to be good.

Reaction score
First I would like to thank Chris Marshall, his wife Mary, Jerry Dobson, and Dave Naeger the Gateway president, and all others responsible for putting on such an outstanding event.

That was the most fun I've ever had in Kansas City.

My winning time was 12.503 with a 60 foot of 2.059
1/2 tank of gas, 8 year old stock tires.
The air was hot and humid, the track was slick, and it was fun as hell.

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still no drag stip times. How about the winners times.

Everyone was running slow..............my fastest time was 13.0 :( .
In comparison I ran a 12.52@113 my first and only run (head gasket blew)2 months prior. It was just REALLY hard to hook up. But we still had a great time trash talking. :2tu:

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder why Chris Marshall hasn't posted any pictures or anything today. Maybe something really fun happened to him today.

This ought to be good.

What could Chris possibly be doing that would make him ignore us? hmmmm..surely not...couldn't be...impossible....I think some pics could clear this up.

DN

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! What a weekend! Just an outstanding job by Chris and Mary Marshall, along with the whole Kansas City crew!

I have to say that MY most favorite part was getting out on the Oval in a "much less restrained" atmosphere than most of the other tracks I've been to. Can't hardly believe how fast they let us run! :eek: :headbang: :D

I also want to thank the Bob Woodhouse crew for handling all the maintenance for the factory SRT cars during the day! Woodhouse sent their WHOLE Viper team and they did a wonderful job of helping out in every way possible. I had a small issue pop up with my own car (blew a hose off a supercharger tube during one of those speedway "hot laps"), and two Woodhouse guys had me going again within minutes!! THANKS!!!

Is it time to do this again yet??? :headbang:

John Myrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also like to thank the Woodhouse crew.

They brought in a bellhousing, crank sensor, clutch disc, and pressure plate Saturday morning and had the car repaired shortly after lunch. The repair was so quick that we did not miss any of the weekend events.

The Viper Club is fortunate to have the Woodhouse crew available to get us back on the road or track quickly when things break.

KurtZ RT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to my first VOI in Dallas and had a great time. This Rendezvous was as good or better than the VOI just wish there was more time because there was so much to do and see, and very affordable while being intendment enough to meet just about everyone . Thanks again Chris and Mary for putting together such a great event .I know they work very ******* making this event fun and exciting for everyone. I’m sorry that they didn’t get to do any of the events, and worked all weekend to make sure everything worked out as planned and everyone else had a good time.
It was a great time at VOI 8.5
:2tu:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PictureMan,

Can we get a blown up picture of this photo?

PLEEEZE!

Jay K.

58429.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960