Hand Held Programmers ready for sale!

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DC Performance is happy to announce that we now have SCT hand held programmers available for all Vipers 1996-2006. All of our previous calibrations will be available as well as our custom calibrations (done from your dyno sheets).

We would like to thank everyone for your patience; we wanted to wait to release our version of this product once we could support all of the Viper part numbers, as of just a few days ago, there were a couple of part numbers not supported in the SCT software.

For those who do not know what a SCT flash programmer is, here is a brief explanation. This flash programmer is sold by SCT approved dealers/tuners.
It allows the customer to download a new calibration into their computer that the dealer / tuner (DC Performance) has developed. This saves the hassle of shipping your computer back and forth or having to buy a spare ecu and having it flashed. The programmer will also allow you to read and erase trouble codes, reinstall your stock program or chose from up to two additional programs if you wish (high octane fuel, low octane fuel, valet mode, are some examples.)

Although not currently supported, in the near future SCT should be adding additional features to the handheld programmer. Some of these are:

LIVELOAD: allows the tuner to e-mail new tuning files that the owner can upload into the handheld programmer themselves via a standard USB cable, saving the hassle of sending the programmer back to the tuning shop.

LIVEUPDATE: allows the customer to update to firmware of the handheld programmer when they become available.

LIVELINK: this is the SCT datalogging software. If the ford Livelink software is any indicator, this software should be very powerful, and
much faster than anything that’s out there right now for the DCX vehicle lineup. In addition, there should be the option of inputting two
analog inputs to the hand held for logging external channels, such as
EGT, boost, air fuel ratio, etc.

End user adjustability, on other SCT handheld product’s, the tuner has the option adding in certain adjustable parameters. Some of the parameters I
imagine they will add are: rpm limiter, shift points, idle speed , ignition timing, fuel adjustments, and so on.

What will set DC Performance apart from everyone else when it comes to this product? The answer is value. First off, all of our programs are proven and have been on vehicles for some time now. There is no learning curve at this point for us. We currently offer all of our programs (including forced induction) with all the benefits (cooler running, raised rev limit, torque management delete, etc) people have come to expect. You the customer will get all this for a price that is competitive with other vendors out there that have just started to tune these vehicles. In addition, many of our calibrations are done, and have been done, in real time, on the Dyno, using our special tuning system, which is something that no other Viper tuner has.

PRICING:

Standard Calibrations: $ 699
(including programmer)

Current Customers: $ PLEASE call, as we are offering special pricing that cannot advertise.(gives you all the advantages of the programmer and the ability to change back to stock)

· Custom calibrations are extra.
· 172 degree thermostat recommended.
· Calibrations are for "off road use only"

We will still offer our current computer programming for those who do not want a flash programmer now at a new lower price.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996

Last edited:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan - How can you do me like that?!?!? you post today but go out of town.

Just left you a message. Looking forward to purchasing.

Thanks!

Joseph

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, when do you realistically expect to have the SCT ready for the '08 Vipers? Will the '08's be able to benefit from the SCT? Thanks for developing this, and good luck with it.

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How far out are you scheduled? How much advance notice do you need to schedule out a tune? Is it a 1-day thing for a highly modified N/A car?

Thanks!!

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Currently do not offer any programming for the 08 models. However we will be looking into different possibilities to tune the new 08 Viper, such as, but not limited to, Unichip, VEC3, AEM piggyback, etc. Ecu tuning may be a possible down the road.

In regards to tuning the current models, we like to schedule appointments at least two days in advance.

Thanks for your interest.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

Last edited:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, a few more questions, if you don't mind:

What info do you need when we order the programmer? I would assume the year, type of gas available in my area, mods the car and a dyno run with a/f. Am I missing anything? Does the programmer tie to the VIN of the car? If so, I guess you'd need the VIN as well, right?

Also, I think you're going to be swamped with orders, but how quickly do you think you'll be able to turn around units?

If I buy a unit now, will it be upgradable when the new features you mentioned are added? Would I have to send the unit back to you for the initial upgrades (since I assume the unit won't yet have the upgrade via USB)?

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
ditto the above post. What info do you need supplied with the dyno? I am planning on having a dyno done soon, so I can send it to you and place my order. What would the turn around time be?

Thanks!

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the intrest everyone:

1. We offer standard and custom programs. Our standard programs are those we have tested and qualified in the shop on our dyno. Custom calibrations are done with information you provide from a dyno sheet/ hp/ torque/ air fuel. Always include a list of your modifications.

2. The hand held will not require a VIN# for us to program it.

3. We should be able to turn orders around in 3-5days.

Thanks,

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan I have a second ECU with your standard tune for exhaust and filter. Is there any benefit to purchase this new hand held programmer.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would buy one of these tuners, it would make adjustments to the tune much easier....but I don't really need to make any adjustments right now. You guys nailed the Paxton tune perfectly when I was down there! Air/Fuel curve is nice and flat.:2tu: :headbang:

Thanks again Dan.

-Kurtis

Thanks for the intrest everyone:

1. We offer standard and custom programs. Our standard programs are those we have tested and qualified in the shop on our dyno. Custom calibrations are done with information you provide from a dyno sheet/ hp/ torque/ air fuel. Always include a list of your modifications.

2. The hand held will not require a VIN# for us to program it.

3. We should be able to turn orders around in 3-5days.

Thanks,

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

Wojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

I have an AEM computer on my modified naturally aspirated GTS, but there are some tuning issues.
Heads, headers, cam, throttle bodies(70mm), intake manifold, air intake, fuel rails with larger infectors (42lbs.) are my modifications. Would the AEM map help you with a custom program? I have a dyno sheet and A/F ratio. I would be interested in purchasing the SCT.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960