Has anyone install the Mopar Performance Part # P5156137 gen4 heads for the gen3

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your response! And congrats on the great numbers you got, especially at 7350 ft above sea level. This kit has been on my radar for a while, as I'll probably upgrade my heads at some point in the future to get closer to Gen IV power territory.

I haven't done any track days yet because I haven't upgraded my oil pan and don't want to risk losing the engine to oil starvation. I drive a fair amount though, often on very fun back country roads.

DynoJet, no 1/4 mile (I am in Mexico @ altittude 7350ft so not very reliable anyway). IMHO the kit is very well made, I understand Dan is has also some very good kit to offer you. What do you want to achiver? you do tracking?

SRT101969

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your response! And congrats on the great numbers you got, especially at 7350 ft above sea level. This kit has been on my radar for a while, as I'll probably upgrade my heads at some point in the future to get closer to Gen IV power territory.

I haven't done any track days yet because I haven't upgraded my oil pan and don't want to risk losing the engine to oil starvation. I drive a fair amount though, often on very fun back country roads.

I want to clarify that Dyno chart is corrected to Mexico City altitude, in other words Dyno chart is sea level corrected. Yes, oil starvation has to be solved before the tracking thing. I did the swing oil upgrade, really easy to do. Gen IV territory??? with the installed kit + exhaust upgrade + good tunning you will have more power than stock Gen IV.

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to clarify that Dyno chart is corrected to Mexico City altitude, in other words Dyno chart is sea level corrected. Yes, oil starvation has to be solved before the tracking thing. I did the swing oil upgrade, really easy to do. Gen IV territory??? with the installed kit + exhaust upgrade + good tunning you will have more power than stock Gen IV.

Thanks again, I'll keep an eye for your updated results. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with the car, even at the high altitude! Did you by any chance dyno your car on the same dyno before doing the upgrade? That would be the best way to measure the hp/trq gains. Assuming the typical stock Gen III 440-460 whp, you got a very remarkable improvement for just heads/intake/headers/exhaust/tune, without any cam upgrade.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Its a good package, but as a bolt on the same or better gains can be had with modified Gen 3 parts. If you want that package to make real power (I agree with MJ), port the G4 heads and intake, raise the compression 2 tenths of a point, run a little bigger cam, headers and have it custom tuned. You will see 580rwhp. Run a bigger cam and sacrifice some driveability and 650rwhp is possible.

If you run hard, upgrade to the 08-10 oil pan, tri-metal rod bearings and ARP rod bolts, we do this on all the track cars.