Has Anyone Tried This Setup?"

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like it should work....that and i have one at home waiting on me to install.:D

You must be registered for see images

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one sitting at my home but have yet to install it due to lack of time. I want to install it to see what happens but I just have been too busy since I want to do a dyno before and after . I hope to do it next summer to prove once and for all if it works or not since there is so much controversy around it. Here is the thread regarding the system:

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=557625&highlight=VIPAIR

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to pipe in on a more serious note, although though you have opened the most classical and far reaching can of worms possible... :bounce:

Spoke with Dave at Dave's Big Brakes yesterday about the Vipair. If you use the Roe front facia kit it will actually do something for you. Most don't want to chop their front facia open so there's problem one. Problem two is obvious by reading other posts above. Vipe what?!?

If you want it explained beyond what you will get here, call Dave. I've got the Roe facia kit, and after talking to Dave am going to look into the Vipair a little more.:dig:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to pipe in on a more serious note, although though you have opened the most classical and far reaching can of worms possible... :bounce:

Spoke with Dave at Dave's Big Brakes yesterday about the Vipair. If you use the Roe front facia kit it will actually do something for you. Most don't want to chop their front facia open so there's problem one. Problem two is obvious by reading other posts above. Vipe what?!?

If you want it explained beyond what you will get here, call Dave. I've got the Roe facia kit, and after talking to Dave am going to look into the Vipair a little more.:dig:

Really? So the OE grill opening doesn't allow enough air into the area ahead of the radiator to create a high pressure area without cutting the bottom of your facia??

:rolleyes:
-------------------------------
For sale:
Chrome ACR wheels
New SVS short shifter

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? So the OE grill opening doesn't allow enough air into the area ahead of the radiator to create a high pressure area without cutting the bottom of your facia??

:rolleyes:
For sale:
Chrome ACR wheels
New SVS short shifter

It is more complicated than that. Like I said, call Dave. He explained it to me, it made perfect sense, and I will now consider the part we all love to joke about.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought this thing off of ebay last year for $49. That's the only reason I bought it. I installed it. I've had it on the car for a year. I don't know if it actually does anything. I guess I can do a before/after by logging through the Vec3 but who wants another 1,400 thread post on the Vipair again??? Anyway, it looks cool. :2tu:

Affatica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one sitting at my home but have yet to install it due to lack of time. I want to install it to see what happens but I just have been too busy since I want to do a dyno before and after . I hope to do it next summer to prove once and for all if it works or not since there is so much controversy around it. Here is the thread regarding the system:

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=557625&highlight=VIPAIR

You won't see much if any results on a dyno since the car is stationary on a dyno. You need to be moving forward for the vipair to have any effect.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disregard anything that anyone named 'dave' says about it. Short answer: If you want to buy that, i got a bridge to sell you too!

JD

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is more complicated than that. Like I said, call Dave. He explained it to me, it made perfect sense, and I will now consider the part we all love to joke about.

I'm good...there isn't a Vipair under my hood, but I've made a few changes..

You must be registered for see images attach

"..It's mid-December at Atlanta Motor Speedway, sunny but 45 degrees, and the wind is blowing briskly across the infield of the big NASCAR oval. The temperature and low humidity suggest that the big V-10 engine in the Viper coupe droning around the infield track should have no problem cranking out its rated 650 horsepower, but it isn't. Even though air is being rammed into this Viper's NACA hood intake at speeds above 160 mph, the V-10 is gasping for air. Engineers have discovered an unacceptable pressure drop across the race-prepared engine's stock air filters. "The dyno won't tell you this stuff, which is why we're here," says Viper engine chief Jerry Mallicoat..."

For sale:
Chrome ACR wheels
New SVS short shifter

Last edited:
OP
OP
01ACR/VIPER

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELL,I HIT SOME NERVES:D I installed it yesterday...easy enough install.no cutting of anything.i can see how it could help a little by funneling some of the front air to be forced into the air box.i personally cant see how it couldn`t help a little?:dunno: but i can also see how the only improvement will be while cruising at a speed of at least 40mph or so.

Hell, i got it for next to nothin....got to be worth a try.:D