Has your Viper ever sold a car?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT said it, Chrysler corporate needs to hear about the passion that still exists for the Viper and the effect it has on the market. So...Did your Viper lead you to buy another Chrysler/Dodge product or was it the driving force behind someone you know buying a Viper or other Dodge/Chrysler product?

I'll start...

I bought an '07 Charger SRT8 Superbee for a couple of reasons:

1) I needed a four-door family car.
2) I wanted a something that was sporty and aggressive.
3) I know the Charger is built by the same enthusiasts that build the Viper.

I could have bought a CTS-V or a handful of other cars, but I knew the Charger had Viper blood in it and that sealed the deal for me. If I wasn't a Viper owner, I would never have developed the brand-loyalty that led to spending another $43-ish K on a Dodge product.

What about you guys?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always liked Dodge vehicles but I am now brand loyal because of the Viper. Well, except for my winter car, a Honda Accord. I have already decided to buy an 09 ram when they become available.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a communist slime gutter slug. I drive Ford trucks. Owning a Viper will not change that. My Chenowth has nothing to do with either, but that makes 2 vehicles that mean nothing to Chrysler Corp by me owning their showcase car.

No loyalty.

None.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used to be a Ford guy (years ago), and had so many problems with them I had just had it. I bought a 94 Viper, and since then an 05 Viper, a Chrysler 300C, 3 Dodge trucks, A PT GT, and my son has an SRT-4 and a PT Turbo. I guess if they want to discontinue the Viper, they just might discontinue me!!

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a communist slime gutter slug. I drive Ford trucks. Owning a Viper will not change that. My Chenowth has nothing to do with either, but that makes 2 vehicles that mean nothing to Chrysler Corp by me owning their showcase car.

No loyalty.

None.

You're from Texas. We don't expect much. ;)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to be a Ford guy (years ago), and had so many problems with them I had just had it. I bought a 94 Viper, and since then an 05 Viper, a Chrysler 300C, 3 Dodge trucks, A PT GT, and my son has an SRT-4 and a PT Turbo. I guess if they want to discontinue the Viper, they just might discontinue me!!

Let's see...

Patriots - 1

Commies - 1

Beans - 1

We need a tie breaker gents.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Most definitely. My experience with my last 2 Vipers most certainly made me look towards the other SRT vehicles, and ended up with me purchasing a Jeep SRT-8.

On top of that, My Viper has made plenty of other people look towards Dodge, and I can think of at LEAST 5 examples of friends/family who are now dealing with Dodge, Chrysler or Jeep products almost exclusively.

-My Father owns a Durango with a Challenger on order.
-My Sister/brother in law now own 3 Dodge trucks.
-At least 2 friends of mine who are die-hard GM boys are now looking to purchase a Viper in a year or so.
-Another Vette-Nut friend of mine is wavering on purchasing a ZO6 and leaning towards the Viper now.
-Jim who works for me is a die-hard Chevy Nut. He owns a Viper too, and would break the mold any time now.
-Two X-Viper owners I know that switched to another make are clammering to get back into a Viper and are ditching their GM iron in favor of Mopar.

Vipers get attention, and word spreads. End of story.

Last edited:

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My very first car was a Dodge Dart. Went to Fords after that then to all GM's but then I
Bought my 94 Viper loved it. I now also have a Dodge Dakota and in 2006 bought a new 06 Viper. A few weeks ago I bought a new 08 Dodge Caliber for my 18 year old daughter for 3 reasons. One was safety (5 star crash test) which is the biggist reason for my daughter after loosing my 23 year old daughter in a car accident a couple months ago, two was because of the Viper and three was Dennis Rocke and John Gastman from Roanoke Motors. My next car for my wife will be the 300 SRT8 from Roanoke Motors. So as long as the Viper is being built I will continue to buy Chrysler products. :2tu::usa::usa::usa:

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With out a doubt!

All the cars in my driveway are either Dodge or Chrysler now. I have even swung my inlaws, my wifes two brothers, my sister, 8 of my employees etc into Dodge and Chrysler products in the last few years. I've even replaced Ford vans with Sprinter vans at work.

.......and it all started with the purchase of my 2000 Viper:2tu:

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the wife said she wanted a minivan, there was only one choice: the Chrysler Town and Country, and yes, it's because of the Viper.

We also have several members in our club that have also purchased Dodge/Chrysler products due to their Viper ownership. From the Pacifica to the SRT line, I see a lot of them next to the Viper in the owners garage.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an old 1993 RT.

Last summer I bought a Chrysler 300 Touring, looking to get a 300C currently.
2 months ago I bought a Jeep Commander 4x4 Hemi.
If they redesign the Viper so it looks like a Viper again, I'll buy it too.

Is this enough?

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my 07 silver SRT8 Jeep after the V0I9... well... waited 5 months to get it but got I it!! It keeps me happy when I can't drive my viper.... and Ill tell ya... It is the BEST daily driver PERIOD!!! a four door suv that can smoke pretty much ANYTHING out there light to light!!

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After getting the Viper I wanted a mini-Viper for a daily driver and bought an SRT-4. After having that for a while I sold it and bought an SRT-6 Crossfire for a daily. With influence from the Viper my family has purchased quite a few other Chrysler products (Dakota, 300M, 300C, Charger, Grand Cherokee).

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my childhood passion for the Viper and inability to talk about any other car influenced my dad to buy a Ram cummings 2500 and then a Ram SRT-10, both in 2005. I then bought my 97 gts in 2006 :D, which led to my Brother in-law buying a Night runner Ram SRT-10......... Oh and we live in Scotland!

If not for the Viper I don’t think any of those trucks would have made it over here!

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my 07 ram 1500 was influenced by my viper purchased 3 1/2 years ago...and may be looking into a new challenger if the prices aren't skyrocketed way past msrp!!!

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been influenced for sure. I bought my second Viper last year. Now we are about to replace our daily driver and truck. I'll be looking at chrysler products all the way.

For me, I'd like an SRT product!!!!

The wife drives the truck so it will most likely be a 2500 or 3500. I wish the SRT 10 quad cab came in 4 wheel drive and could tow more.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe some hung chads? :omg:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

That would be under 'beefcake', please. :eater: ~juli
(We also have an '08 Corvette, an '04 Ford Ranger and a Freightliner FL70 straight truck, so guess no brand loyalty here either...have ALWAYS loved the Viper, had a Neon before the SRT-4 Neons....EEEEEESH!!! NO comment on THAT Neon!!!~~~Had a Dodge Dart when I was young, that was a great car, nothing special done to it though, also had a Dodge Shadow...but also had a Ford Gran Torino coupe and Gran Torino wagon--those were the WORST cars I'd ever had) ~juli

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK here is my current garage:

2005 Viper Copperhead
2005 Dodge Ram SRT 10
2007 Dodge Charger SRT8
2008 Jeep Rubicon
2005 Cadillac CTS V (POS) that I want to trade for a Jeep SRT8...bad, but the CTS V is worth nothing...:mad:

After we purchased our first Viper (a 2001 ACR) we knew we were in love with Dodge. In our short 12 years together, my wife and I have owned some 12 Chrysler products (way too many other manufacturer's vehicles as well...and now see what our garage looks like). We always...and I mean always wanted a Viper...then we took the plunge. I am now a MOPAR fan thru and thru. Love the Dodge service department...even more, we love the fact that we don't have to visit the service department.

Some of our neighbors think we work for Dodge...:lmao:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be under 'beefcake', please. :eater: ~juli
(We also have an '08 Corvette, an '04 Ford Ranger and a Freightliner FL70 straight truck, so guess no brand loyalty here either...have ALWAYS loved the Viper, had a Neon before the SRT-4 Neons....EEEEEESH!!! NO comment on THAT Neon!!!~~~Had a Dodge Dart when I was young, that was a great car, nothing special done to it though, also had a Dodge Shadow...but also had a Ford Gran Torino coupe and Gran Torino wagon--those were the WORST cars I'd ever had) ~juli

Commies - 2

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK here is my current garage:

2005 Viper Copperhead
2005 Dodge Ram SRT 10
2007 Dodge Charger SRT8
2008 Jeep Rubicon
2005 Cadillac CTS V (POS) that I want to trade for a Jeep SRT8...bad, but the CTS V is worth nothing...:mad:

Some of our neighbors think we work for Dodge...:lmao:

With a collection like that, you are working for Dodge. :2tu:

From a Texas "Ford Truck" ******...

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Boss at my 2nd job purchased an '04 White Mamba back in '04.

That in turn convinced me to purchase an '04 SRT Ram.

Then in '05, my Boss' younger brother purchased an '04 Black Mamba. (He's now considering trading in for the new 600hp version!:2tu:)

That was all the 'teasing' I could handle, and I then purchased an '06 Coupe.:D

My current Daily Driver '04 SVT Focus will be replaced sooner or later, and about the only thing that interests me, as of now, is the SRT Caliber. I'm not 100% sold on it's looks, but 285 hp and a 6 speed makes up for some of that.:drive:

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I I had a Viper, it might have sold one. As it is, I had a co-worker who was bagging some good coinage and looking for a sports car. Was looking at the C6s, but after talking with me (I, of course, burned GM for the problems with my C5) and hearing my experiences with the Vipers I had driven... he finally decided to at least test-drive an SRT. He'd always read those negative reviews on how they're so "tough to handle" and spin and this and that.

Know what? He came back from the drive AMAZED. Amazed at the car, and amazed at how wrong his opinion from the mags had been. Needless to say, I was green with envy when he bought a red '05. And I never got so much as a ride-along!!

Oh, and I also own a Ram 1500. No Viper yet, [SIZE=-1]but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Current Vehicles:

2006 Viper Coupe
2007 Limited Durango (Traded the 2006 Grand Cherokee for this one )
2007 3500 Ram Diesel Dually
1973 Blown Prostreet Z28 Camaro
2008 Viper Coupe ( Ordered )

Yes, the Viper did have influence on my other purchases.

Jim

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally have had five vipers and a 300C. One of my best friends bought his wife a 300C after driving mine last year. My 2008 viper is out there somewhere and I am seriously considering buying a ACR.

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Zero large brand loyalty.....I buy what I like or what I can get a deal on:

Ford 00 E-350
Ford 97 F-150
Chevy 74 Nova
Dodge 98 1500
Dodge 04 Hemi Ram
Nissan Murano 05
Lincoln Aviator
and of course the 05 Viper

although all of my atv's, snowmobiles and bikes are Yamaha!

Love things that go fast!!!

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes! I've have owned 5 Vipers over the years. Since I purchased my first Viper in 1998, it influenced the following new vehicle purchases:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 (an AWD rocket)
2004 Dodge Durango Ltd
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2002 Jeep Liberty
1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo

More to come if they keep the Viper in their product line!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960