Reaction score
93841186P1010007-med.jpg

93841186P1010012-med.jpg

93841186P1010012-med.jpg

93841186P10100131-med.jpg

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks great! Jeff is going to sell a ton of those front clips for sure. Great balance (not too big, not too small), nice repro of stock grill, and just the right amount of added aggressiveness. Others have gone too far which ruins the stock form just a bit. This one is tasteful. I have worked with molding and glass work enough to realize an artist when I see the work. Nice.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for trying to show pics under the radar. The enthusiasm and excitement is very flattering though. Thanks for the support as this is a risky project. I'll do the "Big Reveal" on this site when the project is done. The rear end is my favorite part so I can't wait to show the car as a whole.

Jeff

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff, I noticed that your kit is going to require that almost all pieces be swapped out (but for hood and doors). Are there any plans to make some of the pieces individually interchangeable? In other words, it would be great if you offered a front fascia that we could all bolt up to stock fenders.

I know that would require a second mold and be a different part altogether, but you could probably sell a crapload of them. Whereas, if the entire bodykit is all that is available, your potential market is drastically reduced (and I mean drastically).

If you look at most of the aftermarket tuners (Saleen, Roush, Steeda, Hen**se*, etc.) I believe they sell individual pieces and then an entirely separate full kit that is more agressive than the idividual pieces.

Just a thought, but I would like to see you cash in on your hard work.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, I noticed that your kit is going to require that almost all pieces be swapped out (but for hood and doors). Are there any plans to make some of the pieces individually interchangeable? In other words, it would be great if you offered a front fascia that we could all bolt up to stock fenders.

I know that would require a second mold and be a different part altogether, but you could probably sell a crapload of them. Whereas, if the entire bodykit is all that is available, your potential market is drastically reduced (and I mean drastically).

Very true. Keep in mind that a major part of what makes that front end look so good is the added width. A version that mounted to stock fenders would be ok, but not as dramatic. It may happen depending on demand.

Jeff

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very true. Keep in mind that a major part of what makes that front end look so good is the added width. A version that mounted to stock fenders would be ok, but not as dramatic. It may happen depending on demand.

Jeff

The issue with the fenders is that they won't look good unless you get different wheels that stick out more ... I for one, am done changing wheels on my car ... the front piece that matched up to stock fenders would be more useful to more folks.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, those are wheels without offset (i.e., they will work on any srt). The offset comes from longer wheel studs and spacers like the comp coupe. You can use your standard wheels.

Jeff

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a little different shot of the front. This shot will look 100% better once the rear quarter is finished and not photochopped. Big shoulders wide at the rear will give a great stance.

1186wb4-med.JPG

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm... somethin just came to me. I wonder how this would look if the place where the sill joins up into the fender was SLIGHTLY rounded of instead of being two sharp lines meeting at an angle..... Use you imaginations here, it might look decent..

alright, forgive me for my blasphemy....It looks like $hit. :buttkick:

Jeff, your design still kicks ass though :nana:

1013093841186P10100171-med.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff I could only imagine how good that looks in person. Beautiful work. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff I could only imagine how good that looks in person. Beautiful work. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Thanks.

Yes. It looks 1000x's better in person.

Jeff

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but unless you buy a wrecked car how many people really are going to go through the process of essentially replacing every panel on the car? And than having the headache of having to match paint?

Will there be a front available that will fit the OEM fenders? It does look good in person but would love to see options on the market.

I also think if someone is going to do a complete body kit over-haul it should be more like the competition coupe

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People spend up to 10k for wheels and tires all of the time. If someone really liked the car they can send their car to us and we can do the entire conversion for around 20k. At that point, the customer then has about $12,000 worth(or more)of stock body panels that can be sold off to re coupe a major amount of expense leaving a net investment of a wheel/tire upgrade.

The SRT is criticized quite a bit for not being nearly as wild or as good looking as the original cars so the obvious goal it to make efforts to bring it closer to that level. To do it RIGHT requires more than quick bolt on(s) or front bumpers that destroy the balance of what is happening with the rest of the car. People like to mod their cars to make them ever more exclusive and this is a major mod for those who have no problem spending the bigger coin.

In the end, I want this car. I wanted a nice looking top that fit in the trunk on my RT/10. I evaluate how bad I want something then check to see if I am the only one. I love the comp coupe styling/stance/presence and I found others do as well. This car is not a coupe nor is it an exact replica of the racer as I designed it for me and my personal taste. I thought I would only sell a couple of trunk tops and was surprised that it turned into a successful product that can stand on it's own.

Yes, this project is a risk just like all other risk taking business ventures. If it was a no-brainer guaranteed win it would have been done way before me. At worst case, I hope to do a couple of conversions to get the investment back. We'll see how it goes.

Jeff

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the front end shot look more like the original '93 RT 10 stance..than a newer version of the SRT?

Listen I am sure it may look good once completed, all I am saying is that the market for people who will replace all the body panels and than go through the pain of trying to sell off the OEM ones to get some money back is VERY slim.

Are these parts fiberglass? If so who would want to replace panels with fiberglass ones? There is no way all of the gaps are going to line up as well as the factory body unless MAJOR fabrication work is done....

And the only people I find complaining about the styling of the SRT 10 are GEN II owners. If you go on a viper drive with both Gens and you see a red SRT 10 next to a Red RT 10 the RT 10 looks very dated....it still looks awesome don't get me wrong...but it looks like a cool car from the 90s....

The SRT is stunning in person, and while body upgrades may improve the looks, it surely doesn't "need" it.

Just my 2 Cents

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think Jeff has analyzed the market place enough and would not have gone into this blindly. Nonetheless, he decided to take on the risk and produce the car for no other reason but it is what he wanted. Sounds like several want the same.

As for fit and fit and body alignment, it looks absolutely perfect to me. Keep in mind, Jeff will do the entire kit for you. I think that will guarantee fit and finish.

Jeff again I think the work looks top notch and love the design.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the front end shot look more like the original '93 RT 10 stance..than a newer version of the SRT?

Yes, that is true . I like the old grill better with the wide facia.

Listen I am sure it may look good once completed, all I am saying is that the market for people who will replace all the body panels and than go through the pain of trying to sell off the OEM ones to get some money back is VERY slim.

That is also true. Selling a zillion of these conversions is not the goal. The goal is driving a really cool exclusive car. I just NEED to sell a couple to pay for the project. Anything more than that is bonus.

Are these parts fiberglass? If so who would want to replace panels with fiberglass ones? There is no way all of the gaps are going to line up as well as the factory body unless MAJOR fabrication work is done....

Yes they are fiberglass and they weigh the same as stock. Carbon Fiber can be had for more money but availability is hit or miss. It does take time and attenion to get the car assembled properly, that is why I would prefer to do the installs here.

The SRT is stunning in person, and while body upgrades may improve the looks, it surely doesn't "need" it.

I agree it is a great looking car just the way it is. However, we have non Viper owners come in and out of our shop ALL THE TIME and see all three gens in our shop. We like to play the "which one would you pick?" game. They choose the Gen 2 RT/10 every time. EVERY TIME. I would like to at least make them think about it.

As you can see, we agree on just about everything. Your evaluation is correct, your simply trying to understand why anyone would even attempt this. The answer is simple: It is a selfish project to get the car I always wanted.

Jeff

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

Thats cool. Do what makes you happy and if you sell some kits in the process more power to you. Would definitely like to see it in person when its all done.

Having owned both Gen II and now Gen III I know the styling differences are a toss up, they both look great, and I love the styling of the GEN II still today. It was the overall improvements in every other aspect of the car that got me into the GEN III (Interior quality, seats, useable roof, useable breaks on and on) that made the GEN III a no brainer.

Best of luck with the project and please post pics when its completed.

Love the wheels too..

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Overall, I liked the gen 3 the best as well (even before the project)for the same reasons as you. The car will be in Vegas at VOI9 if you are attending so you can check it out.

It does look much better in person.

Jeff

PS. Do you own the GNR Viper or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine