Have you checked the price $$$ of new wiper blades?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday, I decided to stop by Spartanburg Dodge to schedule a service appt. for my SRT-10. I told them they would be changing the fluids, replacing the power mirror switch, making an attempt to adjust the passenger side glass, and changing the wiper blades. The service guy told me to sit down when I said wiper blades. He went to his computer to double check....yup, just what I remembered he said. $59.95 each.

That's $120 for a new pair of WIPER BLADES. I told them to hold off on that one. Anyone know if these are available elsewhere? Parts rack???

I yanked the rest of the blade off thinking the flat rubber surface would work in an emergency....wrong.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David, that Dealer is right! :eek:
Right Wiper Blade #4865506AB MSRP $59.70
Left Wiper Blade #4865507AB MSRP $59.70
$119.40 less 20% = $95.52 plus free shipping [best I can do for you] :cool:

John, they are different from GEN I&II!

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would you be driving a viper in the rain? and even more so, why not just pay the 120 and get the proper parts on there....you want something for Pep boys on your viper???

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would you be driving a viper in the rain? and even more so, why not just pay the 120 and get the proper parts on there....you want something for Pep boys on your viper???

If it does the SAME job, fits properly and cost a lot less, why not?

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the business....I know how much these parts really cost.

I don't care if the parts come from Pep boys, AutoZone, or Burger King....I'm not interested in what people think about the 'image' of the parts I put on my car. I am interested that the manufacturer probably charges DC $4.00 for the part and because of warehousing and 'Vipers are rare and exclusive' B.S. I have to pay $120 for two strips of rubber and plastic.

Yes I have actually driven my Viper in the rain. It's just a car, not the holy grail, the dead sea scrolls or the ark of the covenant. Although, driving it can be a religious experience!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a look at these blades. They are really trick. Not something that is available everywhere. You think the blades are expensive, try replacing a headlight.

Martin Kennedy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These blades are designed differently then standard blades. They are very low profile and preform well at higher speeds. Anyone that looks at them can readily tell that they are a unique design. Plan on seeing them on more vehicle applications in the future.

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These blades are designed differently then standard blades. They are very low profile and preform well at higher speeds. Plan on seeing them on more vehicle applications in the future.

I checked around and was told the 2004 and up Lexus LS430 uses the same type of blade. I haven't checked in person yet, so does anyone here have, or know someone who has, an LS430? What do the blades look like?

I refuse to pay $95 for something I rarely use. I put Rain-X wax on the windshield and I think that'll do until either a less expensive alternative is offered or I'll replace the wiper arms so I can use standard blades. I am not cheap, just hate gettin' bent over.

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that the wipers would have been required to work at any speed, including top speed that the vehicle is rated to reach. Not many wipers out there are tested at 200 mph, which is probably at least what the Vipers' were (my guess). Even still, what about you guys with Ferraris and Lambos-what is the cost of those wipers? What is the most money anyone has ever paid for wipers (rare, old classics probably shouldn't qualify)? :shocked:

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, not limited anymore. I just checked out the new Toyota Avalon. Same blades, different attachment clip. Doh!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that the wipers would have been required to work at any speed, including top speed that the vehicle is rated to reach. Not many wipers out there are tested at 200 mph, which is probably at least what the Vipers' were (my guess). Even still, what about you guys with Ferraris and Lambos-what is the cost of those wipers? What is the most money anyone has ever paid for wipers (rare, old classics probably shouldn't qualify)? :shocked:

I don't know of anybody so stupid as to need these blades or any Pep Boy blades for that matter to work at ANY speed over 100(we're talking about driving in the rain here)! Well maybe TVC, but no one else :D :D

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the Autobahn, no one drives fast in the rain. The reasons for a good wiper design at high speeds is for a clear day when something nasty splatters on your windshield and it is VITAL to remove it as quickly as possible. I think that's why the design is like this, not for high speed driving in the rain.