1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hazard Lights Flashing

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by Got Venom, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Got Venom

Got Venom Enthusiast

I went out to the garage this morning to find my Viper's hazard lights flashing? I have not driven it since last Wednesday, and the keys are in a lock box, in a safe? I went and got the keys, and pushed the unlock button, and the car rapidly beeped at me for a second, then the lights kept flashing. Then I held down the unlock button, and they stopped flashing? Any ideas? First thing I thought of was rodents chewing on wires? But whenever I come in from a drive, I keep a big box fan blowing on high for 4-5 hours after my drive, to cool the engine compartment down, and hoepfully the noise and wind would keep rodents away. Plus the engine will not be a warm place for them to sleep after I have cooled it off?

2. 99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10 Enthusiast

Weird. It will normally do that when disconnecting the battery. Not sure what is up with that................:dunno::dunno:

3. scottmarston

scottmarston Viper Owner

Sounds like ANOTHER battery failure. :rolleyes: Is your battery on a tender? On a side note, these cars and the notoriety for the battery life is unfathomably ridiculous IMO. I’d sure like to ask the electrical engineer who designed this system WTF made his design so much harder than every other car out there. :dunno: Eight years and 176,000 miles on my Tacoma (150,000 of which I’ve put on) and I’ve changed the battery on it once.

4. Got Venom

Got Venom Enthusiast

I do use a real nice Griots garage trickler and had done that a few days before my 100 mile drive, so my battery should be fully charged especially after driving 100 miles? I have gone thru a few batteries. I'm pretty sure I have one of those Pro-Form sp? batteries in there? Seems weird that if your battery is going low, that the hazard lights would come on, thus totally draining your battery?

5. Cobraken

Cobraken Viper Owner

Sounds like an alarm mode. Sure you were not pressing buttons on your key fob?

6. Got Venom

Got Venom Enthusiast

Went out to start it up yesterday, and it fired right up. But I noticed none of the blinkers or hazard flashing lights work, yet the blinkers do blink twice, when you disarm the alarm? Brake lights work too, so is there a flasher relay, that went out? Seems weird that the hazard lights would be flashing as a warning that the breaker for this function is getting ready to fail?