headers with stock mufflers vs headers with corsa

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
deciding between headers and stock mufflers vs headers and corsa. any insight/experience is appreciated on power gain and sound difference. is the drone with headers and stock worst than headers and corsa?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kris.

Glad to see you back looking at Vipers. Missed you around.

Corsa tends to get rid of most drone with both stock and header equipped systems. Make a bit extra HP and Torque, as well as providing a deeper and more aggressive exhaust sound.

I have Corsa on my otherwise stock 09. No drone, and better than stock sound.

OP
OP
K

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kris.

Glad to see you back looking at Vipers. Missed you around.

Corsa tends to get rid of most drone with both stock and header equipped systems. Make a bit extra HP and Torque, as well as providing a deeper and more aggressive exhaust sound.

I have Corsa on my otherwise stock 09. No drone, and better than stock sound.

I picked up a 14 last week. I think I'm going with headers and stock mufflers to start. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime soon I'm always down to cruise

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
San Diego Vipers has a group going to Crusin' Grand in Escondido this Friday. Will probably cruise the strip a couple times, then have a nice dinner together.

Would love to see your new car. You can check out the Corsa's on my 09 to get an idea of how they sound. Richard will have his 05 there with headers and Corsa.

Paul

OP
OP
K

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
San Diego Vipers has a group going to Crusin' Grand in Escondido this Friday. Will probably cruise the strip a couple times, then have a nice dinner together.

Would love to see your new car. You can check out the Corsa's on my 09 to get an idea of how they sound. Richard will have his 05 there with headers and Corsa.

Paul

I'm in give me your number and I'll be there on Friday. You want to drive up together?

OP
OP
K

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What you pickup this to around?

Make the jump back because unlocked PCM inevitable?
i had lots of reasons and the unlocking of the PCM was definitely one reason. i honestly felt like i had unfinished biz with the viper. I'll make a post this week pics and details of Brutus #2

cashcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my 14 SRT for 3 months & looking to do the same(headers/hi flows & stock mufflers). I'm leaning towards Belanger as I like the lower tq gains as well. also still looking for a clear bra that can cover the hood in one piece?

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No such clear bra avail for hood. simply put, they do not make the rolls big enough and doubtful they will as the hood is HUGE.

I've had my 14 SRT for 3 months & looking to do the same(headers/hi flows & stock mufflers). I'm leaning towards Belanger as I like the lower tq gains as well. also still looking for a clear bra that can cover the hood in one piece?

habeb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... still looking for a clear bra that can cover the hood in one piece?

If you're in the Bay Area CA, you may want to contact Greg at Premier (Fremont), I believe he can order 72" width roll. Although not likely cost effective but if it's a must.