header's?

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
header\'s?

Well after installing my 3 inch RT highflows and 3 inch Corsa track, I am thinking about adding headers since Im not driveing the car. Will the headers make it louder with the RT and corsa's now and what brand will be the best with my setup. TIA

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: header\'s?

Talk to ILLSMOQ. There is a thread he just started not long ago about headers. He is my buddy. Just added Kooks headers. They are hard to install I guess,but It deepens the tone of the exhaust,real NICE. And he picked up 25rwhp from just headers. He smokes me from a roll on now. He has Corsa,no cats. I have corsa with RT cats.

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember that thread, I will looks through it and make my choice. I remember reading about how hard it was to install the Kooks. So Im leaning towards something alittle more novice installer friendly. Thanks Mike

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your Random Techs would not work with headers so you'd need to do something else with those. It would be a little bit louder if you retained catalytic converters....much louder if you went catless. Most people run the Belangers...they are medium priced and easy to put in.

Here's the Kooks thread look here. I really like them.

Here is a video of it on the dyno it's not real clear since it was filmed kind of close...the copperhead has the same set up as you.

You must be registered for see images attach

short vid on the street....before the Corsa fell apart.

Made some videos today I'll try to get them up soon. Maybe Mike can post them.....it sounds different now with the Roe mufflers in it.

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your Random Techs would not work with headers so you'd need to do something else with those. It would be a little bit louder if you retained catalytic converters....much louder if you went catless. Most people run the Belangers...they are medium priced and easy to put in.

Here's the Kooks thread look here. I really like them.

Here is a video of it on the dyno it's not real clear since it was filmed kind of close...the copperhead has the same set up as you.

Thats good to know, I have to have cats. We have sniffers here in Utah, I was told I would be able to bolt headers to what I have now. In order to run headers do I have to go catless

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You need to get the connection pipes/mid pipes (what ever you want to call them) that go with the headers. They are usually available with or without cats.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

TT3150,

Adding headers to a Corsa Track and high flow cats will be very, very loud.

Not sure what size Random Techs you have, but I've been running B&B headers with 3-inch Random Tech's for over a year now. No issues.

Belanger makes a nice set up too.

Dan

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My customer Yelloh, has bellanger headers with Random Tech cats on his car. All that one needs to do is cut off the mounting flange on the cat and flair it so it fits onto the pipe from the collector.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My customer Yelloh, has bellanger headers with Random Tech cats on his car. All that one needs to do is cut off the mounting flange on the cat and flair it so it fits onto the pipe from the collector.

I'd suggest buying the right parts that go together and sell the Random Techs....less headache and it would turn out cleaner.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I always ask my customer if he plans on installing header before he orders an exhaust system or cats so that we supply him with the correct cat for his application and header. But for customers who already have installed RT Cats along with an exhaust system, there is no need to replace the RT cats that they have already installed when they decide to install headers. A quick simple modification is all that is needed to make the cats fit the new headers. It is a win win for the customer as he saves money by not having to buy new cats for his headers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960