Headlight buckets

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know of a current good source for Gen 3 replacement headlight lenses/assemblies that aren't trying to **** you? Mine are heat cracked pretty bad and I tried one of those repair kits with the polish but it didn't help. New ones are like $600 and up each. Heck, I even saw some on a certain Viper store for $1100!!! ***??? I think it's totally stupid that manufacturers and/or retailers want to charge that much just because its a Viper. I bet you can get a full assembly for a Neon for about $40. You mean to tell me that it costs more to make the one for the Viper than it does for the Neon??? I don't think so.... It's not diamond glass or platinum reflectors and Xenon bulbs don't make THAT much of a difference. Yeah, Vipers are limited numbered cars, but supply and demand has nothing to do with 10000% mark ups. We call it price gouging around my parts...

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They made more Neons in a few weeks than Vipers in a year. Its the price you pay for exclusivity. Even the Head Light assy for my 13 Ram truck is over $350 and they make zillions of them.

Salvage yards are your other choice in you cant afford new.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know of a current good source for Gen 3 replacement headlight lenses/assemblies that aren't trying to **** you? Mine are heat cracked pretty bad and I tried one of those repair kits with the polish but it didn't help. New ones are like $600 and up each. Heck, I even saw some on a certain Viper store for $1100!!! ***??? I think it's totally stupid that manufacturers and/or retailers want to charge that much just because its a Viper. I bet you can get a full assembly for a Neon for about $40. You mean to tell me that it costs more to make the one for the Viper than it does for the Neon??? I don't think so.... It's not diamond glass or platinum reflectors and Xenon bulbs don't make THAT much of a difference. Yeah, Vipers are limited numbered cars, but supply and demand has nothing to do with 10000% mark ups. We call it price gouging around my parts...

Sent you a PM

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tom. I just replied.

It has nothing to do with being able to afford them. Its the principle that it is ridiculous to charge that much for a piece of plastic. Exclusivity is for people who have too much money to give to people that take them for granted. Caviar, Monet's, and memberships to polo clubs also fall in that category... I might could afford any of that, but I wouldn't waste my money just to be exclusive. Ridiculous!

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The headlights on my 06 Mazda 6 GT are over $850 each, so dont feel too bad lol :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62