Hellcat versus Viper transmission

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The original concept of the Viper was to be the reincarnation of the Beast AC Cobra.

Beast.

Let me say that again...

Beast.

The Viper should always be 50% more HP than the Corvette maintaining the margin the 427 Cobra had over the Corvette back in the 60's.

If the Corvette is 600hp, the Viper should be 900hp.

I was thinking the GTS was perhaps the last true beast made. "Unfortunately" the latest Viper now looks like the GTS which blurrs the potential icon status of the original Vipers, roadster and coupe.

Daytona anyone?

Regarding the topic of paddle shifters. F1 does it. They are the Top Predator. So I don't know how to argue against it - unless you reject F1 as being ballerinas. (RIP Ayrton)

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1966 Cobra 427 weighed 2,529 lbs. curb weight. The 1966 Corvette with the 427 option weighed a little over 3,300 lbs. curb weight.

Mark1107

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I have both and I really like the 8 speed auto in my Hellcat.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heated topic I see.
A friend shared they watched a show on Velocity TV and it said that a DCT transmission was coming. Anyone else saw that show?
I believe both can co-exist and more Viper sales would help the Viper live longer. Isn't that a great thing for all of us?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heated topic I see.
A friend shared they watched a show on Velocity TV and it said that a DCT transmission was coming. Anyone else saw that show?
I believe both can co-exist and more Viper sales would help the Viper live longer. Isn't that a great thing for all of us?

DCT should definitely be an option. Maybe on the Gen VI redesign.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave