Hello.....I'm a New Member

BigSaleen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello.....I\'m a New Member

Hello All....After 10 years of wanting one, I finally got one!!! Right around my 30th birthday I sold my Saleen S281-SC speedster and came over to the dark side. I picked up a 2003 SRT, black w/ 3600 miles, chrome roll hoops, the factory navigation from Mopar and upgraded speakers and amp. I also got the dealer to throw in a 7/70,000 bumper-to-bumper from Chrysler. I now have 6300 miles and loved every mile of it. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how to. I live in the Charlotte area.

I have no complaints, but the wife has a few. Let me know if any of these are familiar to you:
1. She burns her leg a lot on the door sill, common Viper problem.
2. She's only 5'2", so every time I shift out of a gear at a decent RPM and lay into the throttle in the next gear, her head slams into the seat! Now, this isn't a problem for me (5'11"), because my head hits the seat pad. But for her, because of her height, her head is lined up just right with the plastic 5-point seat bracket. So every time I hit the gas, her head hits the plastic. I am a patent attorney, so I am going to develop a head pad insert for the buckle :) I also told her that I'd get her a helmet, but she doesn't like that idea.
3. No place for the car seat.

Other than that we love it and feel like rock stars driving it around. :2tu:

I've read a lot of posts on this site about RT-10, GTS, SRT, Z06 comparisons and have come up with a few opinions....First, they are all great cars and if you own any of them you're lucky, Second, the RT-10 looks ugly with the top on and the whole removable top thing *****. I was tired if that with my Saleen speedster top. Third, the GTS exterior looks amazing, no doubt, but the interior is outdated. Finally, the Z06 may be a bit faster, but it's still a Vette, and no one looks twice at those!

Have a good one, I'll post some pics ASAP.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Hello.....I\'m a New Member

Let me be the first to say Congrats on the new purchase :2tu:

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Congrats, I bought mine for my 31st birthday - so good job.

Concerning the sidepipes, many of the aftermarket exhausts will increase flow and help to cool the sides. When you have them installed, you can also have them wrapped with an insulator.

Depending on how loud you want, the choices are quite numerous.

Also, just be happy you have a wife who will even ride in the car. My wife thinks it's too obnoxiously loud and the ride is too bumpy. She will rarely be seen in the car.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats. You mentioned car seat? Here is one (poor picture but it is all I have handy) with a car seat installed using the 6 point belt mounts.
498100_1147-med.JPG

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome Jeff!

I'm fairly new here myself. I think you'll find this board a pretty friendly and knowledgable group of guys and gals.

Have fun and stay safe! :2tu:

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome and congratulations.

Like Adam said look into getting an aftermarket exhaust and that will definitely help with the heat issue.

You can do a search on the forum for "Exhaust" and several threads will be returned with very useful info.

Enjoy your new ride!

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome to the family. You will continue to be impressed with the Viper,the longer you own it. Just learn the car BEFORE squeezing it too hard, they will BITE. :2tu:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congratulations on your new ride. :2tu: I am sure you won't be disapointed with it as long as you remember it was never intended to be a practical car. Lacking creature comforts saves weight to add to performance and this idea is appealing to most Viper owners.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

You might try a seat pad cushion. Brookstone has a Tempur-pedic pad, about 2+ inches thick, works really well for short people in Vipers.

My wife uses one for comfort. I went and lowered both seats! (6'4").

Enjoy your new ride.

Dan

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrads....and welcome. Iv'e only been around a bit over 6 mos. and I am amazed at all the info you can get on just about any question, and a bunch of great folks.
And now.....you can laugh at all the Mustangs trying to get
you to race 'em. The looks are 20:1 vs driving a Vette or Mustang, the Viper is soooo different and catches the eye.
The heat: I got the Corsa exhaust and it solved all the heat issues.
--------------
Mike

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats on the car! Judging by your name though your still missing the old stang, so your not completely dark yet :2tu: Good to see you did some research on the car.
As for the seats, i think any car looks good with the right set of aftermarket seats, but it seems like youd rather keeps the stock ones.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hello from just down the road, and welcome! Congrats on your new ride :2tu: -you are going to love it! Hope you will enjoy this board as well; you can find a lot of good advice here. Look forward to seeing pics when you post them.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score