HELP!! HELP!! HELP!!!

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parked my car outside of my office building for late night work Sunday evening and been working till around 3am. Got out of the office and found that some idiot had throw lots of eggs on my car. It was a horrible scene and eggs everywhere. And out of 6 cars that was parked on the same street, mine was the only car being thrown at! :curse: The sad thing was, after washing the car today, I had found a few obvious big damaged to the paint scattered in different areas on the side of the cars. :( Those damaged are highly visible and it was definitely caused by throwing of the eggs shell. It was kind of scattered scratches(dots) with an oval shape.

Can anyone help and advice what other method do I have to fix the damaged spots besides painting the car? I'm going to take the car for a polish and hope it might help a bit. Thanks.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes me even madder is that you were putting in extra hours and some lowlife kid vandilized your Viper. Good luck with the polishing.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Been there Phil...

I had one egg on a C pillar of a Mark VII Lincoln I had when I was 16!!

I was no lucky because the damage was all the way through the clearcoat, and the paint itself was cracked in 100 tiny concentric lines...

Maybe now 16 years later paints are better, but to make a long story short...

A- Damage only to clearcoat: can be wet-sanded, and erased
B-Damage to the paint: needs re-painting.

Unless the damage is very obvious, I would suggest have the whole car wet sanded, and keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the scratches arent very deep, i like to use Meguiars "scratch-x". can be bought at any automotive store. just rub in in, on a CLEAN car of course.

very sorry to hear about your car.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy steps. Wash car. Claybar. Meguire's Paint Cleaner, Mequires Paint Polish. Wax.

If that does not work, you have more permanent damage. Should take you an afternoon to find out.

ACRJUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vett got hit, bugs the !@#$ out of me. Wierd spider-web looking scratches where it hit. Has not come out yet, but havent tried claybar yet.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I did some research for you and it seems like your basically out of luck...try out Downtown Auto Spa (put some contact info at the bottom) seems like they would be best as they seem to do the higher end cars in this city and have quality products....

Downtown Auto Spa Inc.
www.downtownautospa.com
[email protected]
604 689-1550

After looking into the subject a bit more I think I know what you are talking about now when you say dots...its almost like the egg left "pits" in the paint and your basically out of luck...

sorry only picture I could find of "pitts in paint from eggs"

You must be registered for see images

I also talked to my brother about it who used to be a detailer and he said try to get it out with Meguiar's Scratch-X if you can or try to get Downtown to try to "buff" it out with Scratch-X. Seems like as soon as the egg hits the car if there is enough force and its at the right angle it basically cracks the clear coat and starts to eat away at the paint.

***** that the a$$holes who did this most likely did it because they are jealous and will never amount to crap all in life and therefore have to ruin your car just beacause they can't have one :( Pretty pathetic :bonker:

OP
OP
P

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vett got hit, bugs the !@#$ out of me. Wierd spider-web looking scratches where it hit. Has not come out yet, but havent tried claybar yet.

YES!! YES!! This is exactly what it looks like! Spider web looking scratches but with lots of other dots around it. I think the scratches are pretty deep as I can clearly see white color on the scratches. Perhaps it's already too deep to repair?

Phil

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil can you see it at every angle? Once its bad enough to look like spider web scratches your going to most likely need the repaint :(

OP
OP
P

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I did some research for you and it seems like your basically out of luck...try out Downtown Auto Spa (put some contact info at the bottom) seems like they would be best as they seem to do the higher end cars in this city and have quality products....

Downtown Auto Spa Inc.
www.downtownautospa.com
[email protected]
604 689-1550

After looking into the subject a bit more I think I know what you are talking about now when you say dots...its almost like the egg left "pits" in the paint and your basically out of luck...

sorry only picture I could find of "pitts in paint from eggs"

You must be registered for see images

I also talked to my brother about it who used to be a detailer and he said try to get it out with Meguiar's Scratch-X if you can or try to get Downtown to try to "buff" it out with Scratch-X. Seems like as soon as the egg hits the car if there is enough force and its at the right angle it basically cracks the clear coat and starts to eat away at the paint.

***** that the a$$holes who did this most likely did it because they are jealous and will never amount to crap all in life and therefore have to ruin your car just beacause they can't have one :( Pretty pathetic :bonker:

THANKS FOR THE INFO RICKY!! YES, INDEED IT LOOKS SOMETHING LIKE THE PICTURES. I AM GOING TO TRY EVERY POSSIBLE WAY TO GET RID OF IT. AS YOU KNOW, THE CAR IS STILL VIRTUALLY BRAND NEW WITH ONLY 1800KM, I REALLY DON'T WANT TO REPAINT THE CAR. YOU KNOW, THE STUPID THING IS, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE ANYWAY?? I REMEMBERED SOMEONE THROW A EMPTY SODA CAN AT ME ONE TIME WHEN I WAS DRIVING THE 01 GTS AND THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I GOT HIT ON THE VIPER. DAMMIT...IT HURTS REALLY BAD JUST BY LOOKING AT THE DAMAGE OF MY CAR.... :(

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is a cross we have to bear if we are going to drive and enjoy our cars. By looking at the list of your stable, I would suggest that if I needed transportation to and from my office, I would just drive a ****** if there was even the slightest chance of having to work late in an unprotected garage or parking space. They seem to leave them alone. Go find a nice used pick-up, slam it, put wheels on it and use it for daily transportation. It's just not necessary to take our nice cars and put them in jeopardy during the business day even though we have every right and the persons that did this are the lowest of low life.

I am deeply sorry this happened to you, don't let it define you or your attitude for the next few days. Make a claim on the comprehensive portion of your insurance policy and get the best and most expensive auto body shop in your area that works with exotics to fix it. Pay the deductible and enjoy the perfection of your repaired Viper. This kind of crap can poison your thinking. What are we going to do, kill all of them ********? Better to vent here and fix your beauty.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Best of luck.
Larry

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No amount of wax,claybar,elbow grease will remove the oval shape markings left by eggs. If you do not remove the egg immediately, they wil bake through the clear and paint. In all reality the best fix is paint. If its one small area it might not be worth it, but if they unloaded a dozen eggs on your car and you have more than one affected area, your best bet might be to file an insurance claim.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
No amount of wax,claybar,elbow grease will remove the oval shape markings left by eggs. If you do not remove the egg immediately, they wil bake through the clear and paint. In all reality the best fix is paint. If its one small area it might not be worth it, but if they unloaded a dozen eggs on your car and you have more than one affected area, your best bet might be to file an insurance claim.

Agree!!!

Those of you recommending wax, buff, etc.... Have never been egged!! (LUCKY)

Eggs seriously damage the paint, no waxing will fix it.

Like I said up there, try wet-sanding first... if it does not come out, you will need to get the area/car repainted.

Sorry.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen to me while driving home one night on the Belt Pkwy a few weeks back. Someone threw an entire container of eggs from an over pass. On impact I thought I blew the engine it was so loud. After pulling over I noticed the entire back and top was covered with egg. Luckily for me, it hit the top and the top was up. Didnt damage anything other than two tiny chips in the trunk. I had the wherewith all, to turn around and immediately wash it off the car before it dried.

Eggs can really kill paint.

To make a long story short I have learned there are a lot of jealous people out there who can not bare to see others succeed. It is not the first time and unfortunately these stories pop up every so often.

Sorry to hear about your circumstance. Try every available wax option you can find. Have you thought about wet sanding? I wouldnt suggest you do it but maybe a paintshop?

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Phil sorry to hear that. I've had my fair share of [******] happening to the viper thanks to some jealous [******]. Too bad they always do it behind my back and I never catch them... just shows that theyre all *******. Just **** it up and pray that the next time somethin like this happens you catch em.

Anyways as far as the scratches/cracks go, try getting them cut polished out. I've seen some magic done by cut polishing and thats pretty much the only way to actually remove surface scratches without repainting. If that doesn't work, then theres pretty much nothing you can do.

Go to Pearls or Yaletown autospa to get someone who knows how to cut polish. I shouldn't be recommending either cause the owner of pearls is an [******] and yaletown backed up into my car previously... but at least they know how to cut polish. Good luck

Nico

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil

If you were to call your insurance company they will have to cover the paint under the comp section of your policy. There will be no points against you for this as you did not cause the problem and it is an act of god. The most you will have to pay is the deductable on your comp part of your policy.

Hope this helps you out,

Robbie