HELP ! HELP !

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I go out to my car, open the drivers door and pop the hatch. Close the door and did what I had to do in the back. Closed the hatch and went to open the drivers door again and it was locked. Pressed the unlock button on the fey fob and nothing happened. Door still Locked. I figured the key fob battery went dead or the dorr solenoid went bad. So I tried the passesger door, and it opened.

Reached over to pull inside door handle of drivers door, and still, would not open. So i Used the emergency release. got in the car and put the key in the ignition, and the door opened fine. Took the key out, door will not open. Cant figure this out.

AND ... im guessing these are connected.

So then I drive over to the gym, and they page me to tell me my alarm is going off. So I go out shut it off, relock the car and walk inside. The alarm goes off again ! I cant lock the car without the alarm going off.

What the heck is going on ? I clueless right now , Im assuming the car is sensing the door is open, thats why the alarm is going off, and door wont open. Key in ignition must reset it. Any ideas , remember , pass. side door works normal.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar issue on my '01. Alarm would go off for no apparent reason while sitting in a parking lot. Turned out I had a bad door solenoid assy in my driver side door. The Dodge dealer had a tool that was able to trace the problem down and they fixed it under warranty.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of Vipers have problems ( broken wire(s))with the door wiring harness.

The break is usually located inside the rubber between the front of the door and the door post and come from the wire (s) flexing forth and back every time you open/close the door and it's always almost on the driver side.

Luc.00GTS

OP
OP
A

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would this cause the door to only be operated when the key is inthe ignition?

Is there anything I can do , or shoul I just take it in ...

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i can tell you from experience that these cars can and do very strange things when a battery is going bad, check it out.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with the bad battery idea.
Also, wasn't there a way to reset the alarm by complete disconnect of the batt ? ? not sure???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad